• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    With this awesome weather did anyone make it to the Winamac range today? If so, was it crowded? I could not make it due to prior planned family commitments...man I really wanted to go though.:(

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I went Friday. Weather was zip-up sweatshirt cool but definitely not cold. Brought the Ruger 10/22 and the Ruger 22/45. The el cheapo scope I had on the 10/22 broke last year so I finally got a chance Friday to get the iron sights on it set for 25 yards.

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    Went on Saturday March 30 at about noon. The 50 yard was full, the 25 yard had one bench open, the 100 had one shooter there and the 200 had one 50cal. using the lane.
    My 10 year old shot a oozie(sp?) for the first time in his life. My oldest son and I were dialing in our scopes for our .308's . I really like the Winamac range as it is very safe and clean to use. Lot of nice people to meet every time we go there.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I went shooting but got a late start. My preferred range is Winamac, but to give myself a little more time I went to JP instead. Really nice day for shooting too! I bought an M1 Garand over a year ago, finally shot it for the first time. Great shooter! I was happy on the way home.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I believe it is closed on Mondays.

Yes it is closed on Mondays. In case anyone is wondering why they are closed on Mondays? That is when they perform range maintenance like change out shot-up back boards, mow etc... I agree with what another person wrote. It is a very nice range and nice folks.:D

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    Went on Saturday March 30 at about noon. The 50 yard was full, the 25 yard had one bench open, the 100 had one shooter there and the 200 had one 50cal. using the lane.
    My 10 year old shot a oozie(sp?) for the first time in his life. My oldest son and I were dialing in our scopes for our .308's . I really like the Winamac range as it is very safe and clean to use. Lot of nice people to meet every time we go there.

That was me, shooting the 50 on the 200yd.

As for the ops question went last weekend, but I really do like winimac, way better than kinngsbury. I just wish they had a dedicated pistol range.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That was me, shooting the 50 on the 200yd.

As for the ops question went last weekend, but I really do like winimac, way better than kinngsbury. I just wish they had a dedicated pistol range.

give it a few years. its in the works and hopefully nwi ingo will be working to push this later this year. :whistle:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    give it a few years. its in the works and hopefully nwi ingo will be working to push this later this year. :whistle:

Jedi, I never knew that a dedicated pistol range MAY be in the future for the Winamac range? That would be awesome!!:D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    its long term planning but hopefully our sucessful youth day event in june with dnr winamac will show that the public does use this range and it being one of 3 in the state that does NOT have a pistol section will spur the development of it. its still early planning stages and from the state point of view its more and issue of enviormental study and money. from nwi ingo point of view they say the word and we will find sponsors and/or donate the time ourselves and do it we have carpentors, heavy machinery, and man power to do it. buts its baby steps right now.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    its long term planning but hopefully our sucessful youth day event in june with dnr winamac will show that the public does use this range and it being one of 3 in the state that does NOT have a pistol section will spur the development of it. its still early planning stages and from the state point of view its more and issue of enviormental study and money. from nwi ingo point of view they say the word and we will find sponsors and/or donate the time ourselves and do it we have carpentors, heavy machinery, and man power to do it. buts its baby steps right now.

suuue-weeet!!!:D Thanks for the info Jedi, you THE MAN!!

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    The one thing I like about the Winamac range is the registration is right there and easy to fill out and turn in. As for Jasper/Pulaski, having to drive 2 miles past the range to sign is has to be hurting the attendance records.

However the J/P range did get a very nice parking lot. I wonder just what role the attendance records play on range improvements? Anybody know?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    more attendance = more funds at the end of the day.
    as there is only a limited number of funds and the state is not going to invest in a range that is not getting used vs one that is busy.

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    more attendance = more funds at the end of the day.
    as there is only a limited number of funds and the state is not going to invest in a range that is not getting used vs one that is busy.

That's what I thought Jedi.

I bet a lot of people do not know this. I wonder if in the future there could be some discussion about putting a sign in hut at the J/P range.

The cards at Winamac looked like something NRA sponsored. They were simple and quick to fill out. The mailbox there for collection was a great idea.

Wish I would have found this forum long ago. There were some things I could have helped with in the past.

13r14n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Indiana
    - I've been to the Winamac range a few times for pistols and skeet. It's a pretty nice range when it doesn't get overly crowded.

Top Bottom