• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    can someone tell me what the shooting range looks like? i have to go chronograph some loads. will the range master say anything? im gonna have it set up on a tripod.

mhodge87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Goshen
    It's pretty much one of the only shooting ranges I go too. There is a 10yrd, 25, 50, 100 and shotgun ranges.

I can't comment on if they will let you chronograph loads, but I'd suspect they wouldn't have a problem with it.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I do know it can get quite busy on the weekends, so i'd suggest going early.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It depends on how busy they are. If no one is there, they are more leniant, espcially if you show firearm knowledge. They have put money in it and have redone in in the last few years (used to be horrible). They even have an archery range. I enjoy going out there if I am going with people. My father comes up from KY and likes to go. I live about 15 miles north of there in the same county, so it isn't a bad drive if the weather is good.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Here are some pictures from the 25 yrd range at WS

2010-08-21_13-13-35_882.jpg

2010-08-21_13-10-16_988.jpg

2010-08-21_12-53-06_559.jpg

You can see the bench setup and the target setup in the pictures.

You should be abel to setup your chrono if you are pretty familiar with the unit and can do it fairly quickly. Most people won't want to hang out to long waiting for you to mess with it. You also won't be able to go look at it every time you want to.

Hopefully you have the interface and can work the laptop from the bench.

Honestly, I don't know what the RO would say about something being placed between the bench and the backstop. There is always the liability thing of what if something ricochets off the chrono. I guess you will just have to ask when you get there.

Good luck. Have fun!

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    thanks for the pics. is the 10 yard range the same?

The pics I show are at the 25 yrd. The 10 yard is one of the benches at the 25 yard area. They just pull a backstop closer to the bench.

I can't remember if the bench is the same. It seems like it's not covered IIRC.

I have been there when they didn't have the 10 yard range setup. So I don't know if they only do that on request or if that was just a fluke.

Also, be sure to check google for the hours. I know they changed them and are closed a couple days a week.

ETA: here is a link for the hours if you don't have it http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3648.htm

Top Bottom