• ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Will you shoot me with your gun?
    :ranton:
    That was what my 4 year old cousin asked me yesterday while at a family BBQ. I told his mother he asked me that and her response was he plays Call of Duty to much. WTH is a 4 year old doing playing Call of Duty!!!!!

Apparently they dont buy him any games, he just plays his dads, which are not suited for a child that age

:ranton:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    My daughter(who is 8} started playing COD4 on Xbox 360...she was getting way to in to it..so now she plays Mario galaxy for the Wii..which I think is a much better game for an 8yr old.:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Oh, and -1 for adults that play video games at home.

(I would play them but I get motion sickness from video games at home)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    My 16 yr. old daughter plays left for dead with me and won't touch a gun.
    Go figure.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    yes under the right circumstances, would be my answer.

he tested those circumstances and ended up in a trash can as opposed to being shot:D

My daughter(who is 8} started playing COD4 on Xbox 360...she was getting way to in to it..so now she plays Mario galaxy for the Wii..which I think is a much better game for an 8yr old.:dunno:

Probably for a 4 year old to

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Oh, and -1 for adults that play video games at home.

I'll tell you, I had a great time playing hardcore team deathmatch COD MW2 when I got picked up with a group of 5 active duty marines. Everyone communicated well and played with great tactics. It was a real learning experience and I really had a great time.

Oh, and the other team got their ass kicked. :rockwoot:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Sounds like it is time to teach a little gun safety and "real world" understanding about firearms. A couple years ago my sister stopped by with my nephew/her son to say hi. I had a single barrel shotgun laying on the couch. While we were talking I could see my nephew eyeing the gun and slowly ease his hand over twards the stock. as soon as he touched it I boomed out "do not touch that!" very authoritatively and loudly. He started to cry. I let him feel bad for a few seconds then explained calmly why he shouldn't touch, etc.

I did NOT tell him I'm sorry or It's all right. I have since taken him to the range now that he is old enough. :)

If he and you re still around Evansville in a few years, check outthe Youthfest at Redbrush in June.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    He lives in Clarksville, His step dad(soon to be adoptive father) is currently in Afghanistan. Ill probably leave the safety talk up to him, then again if he lets him play COD then maybe I should do the talk

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    my 8 year old son has been through 2 firearm safety classes, goes to the ranges with me all the time, is very responsible with his weapons, and plays the crap out of left for dead 2, its all in what YOU teach your children. the way i see it ignorant kids come from stupid adults!

infebious

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    he's too young to understand their is a difference between fantasy and reality, so he wants to see what getting shot is like. i wonder if back in the medieval times if you had kids saying "daddy will you lance me?" :)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Modern Warfare, and World at War are both totally awesome games, and somewhat educational, too. I can see them being very addictive (especially Nazi Zombies). My kids think it's pretty cool that I have several of the guns they use in the game, and can actually fire the real thing. My youngest is 11, so I don't mind them playing the Cod games, or even Left4dead.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    My 3yr old was staying the night with my Mom and asked if that was a real gun or a toy gun that she could play with before she would even touch it.:rockwoot:
    (It was a toy gun by the way.)
    I can just see my Mom :rolleyes: at me from a thousand miles away. :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom