• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    going to be leaving in a few minutes to go try out the wilbur wright range and have 2 questions.. 1. what does it cost 2. is there anything there to use for target stands or am i completely on my own?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was there this morning. Got there at 11AM and had the whole place to myself!!! By 12:30 it was packed, but by that time I had had my dose of fun!

Free is nice! And they keep upgrading the range.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I was there this morning. Got there at 11AM and had the whole place to myself!!! By 12:30 it was packed, but by that time I had had my dose of fun!

Free is nice! And they keep upgrading the range.
    I was there too at 12ish. You weren't shooting with your father in law were you? Me and my dad were shooting 45s and revolvers

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I got there at 11:10 AM and the Indykid was there by himself..............had my daughter and her boyfriend (She was shooting her Glock and my .223 SAR-3)

Boy did we have fun, more time more ammo, was all I needed, the Indykid even let me shoot one of his newest toys three times, I gotta get one of those grin producing guns he gets.............yep after about 20 mins of all by ourselves, everybody and his/her brother started showing up and by noon it was "waiting on you time"...but boy did we have fun, everybody was nice, and the new DNR "range Nazi", was a hardworking cool young guy, not at all like that oxygen thief they used to have out there. Nice improvements to the range and a brass pickers paradise in the early morn hours............I left some for you!

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I got there at 11:10 AM and the Indykid was there by himself..............had my daughter and her boyfriend (She was shooting her Glock and my .223 SAR-3)

Boy did we have fun, more time more ammo, was all I needed, the Indykid even let me shoot one of his newest toys three times, I gotta get one of those grin producing guns he gets.............yep after about 20 mins of all by ourselves, everybody and his/her brother started showing up and by noon it was "waiting on you time"...but boy did we have fun, everybody was nice, and the new DNR "range Nazi", was a hardworking cool young guy, not at all like that oxygen thief they used to have out there. Nice improvements to the range and a brass pickers paradise in the early morn hours............I left some for you!
    Ok I think you were the guys beside us. Your son was eyeing our guns, I told him the HK usp was my father in laws and we joked around about how I need to stay on the backside of that gun. He then pointed out the father in law he had to be wary of (as you were shooting your glock midrange) :D

I can't believe they were dead at 11 ish. I was aiming to get there about that time but it didn't work out.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    That was us, sorry I held everyone up, but I just got that Glock and needed to function check 2 mags down range, the young man was a probable SON IN LAW, that was my tall skinny dark haired daughter with him....I know, I know what you're thinking where did's that ol fat dude get a skinny kid?!?

We had alot of fun, and that .45 HK jammed a couple times as I stood there.

Trying to get future son in law to man up and get a Glock, he had that Springfield XDM 9.mm, I tease him about.

wished I had a lot more .40 ammo, and that the pistol range was alot closer...........................too much distance to shoot with too much accuracy, I give you a tip................drop by in Nov-Mar, nobody comes out then, but that ol fat dude in his Blizzard Proofs and his Glock!:patriot:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    That was us, sorry I held everyone up, but I just got that Glock and needed to function check 2 mags down range, the young man was a probable SON IN LAW, that was my tall skinny dark haired daughter with him....I know, I know what you're thinking where did's that ol fat dude get a skinny kid?!?

We had alot of fun, and that .45 HK jammed a couple times as I stood there.

Trying to get future son in law to man up and get a Glock, he had that Springfield XDM 9.mm, I tease him about.

wished I had a lot more .40 ammo, and that the pistol range was alot closer...........................too much distance to shoot with too much accuracy, I give you a tip................drop by in Nov-Mar, nobody comes out then, but that ol fat dude in his Blizzard Proofs and his Glock!:patriot:
    Hey don't worry, I'm sure we all had nothing but time. I personally like to go about half way to practice with my 38 snub (my daily carry), although that day I was testing a new handload and was pleasantly surprised to find that I was hitting the target :D

As for the hk usp jamming, I had just gotten into reloading 45 and was testing some less than satisfactory ammo through it. The first box I made up turned out to be slightly out of spec, the bullet stuck out too far. They wouldn't fit in my dad's 1911s mags. The bullets were seated as far as they were designed to.

Fortunately, my father in laws hk would fire them. But they were slightly underpowered, that and being out of spec is what caused the jamming. That gun has never malfunctioned on factory ammo.

I've got the bullet seating depth figured out now, as dads 1911 ate up the new batch and asked for more! Very accurate and clean shooting too!

Reloading is like a second hobby all on it's own...

Top Bottom