• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRLREDY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I agree with the two posts above this one. 2-3 shots in succession probably no problems. i wouldn't recommend bump firing or anything like that though.:D

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    make sure that you are aware of the people at the fireing line! Last time i was there I was shootin clay pigeons with a friend and this guy and his wife shows up with what looked like a deer shootgun (because it had a scope). The guy set up a paper target like 20 yards away, was just shootin. Then he gave the LOADED scatter gun to his wife and she flagged the hell out of both of us!
    Yelling and bad words ensued...
    So BE AWARE of the terds you MAY be fireing next to!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    We went today and it was fairly crowded. You are right about people pointing guns all over the place. Also, lots of people handling guns when others were down range changing targets. Scary. Nice place, though. I won't be back there too often, unless on a weekday.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I like the WW range if no one else is there...but I much prefer the conservation club to which I belong (FCVCC) in Ovid (a.k.a. New Columbus), near Pendleton. Fewer people violating the basic safety rules there, so for me it's worth paying for the membership!

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was there with my brother shootin rimfire today on the 50. 'Twas a bit crowded. Lack of hot calls before the resumption of fire was the most disconcerting. Did not get swept, although the 25 looked a little iffy. . . .

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I was there with my brother shootin rimfire today on the 50. 'Twas a bit crowded. Lack of hot calls before the resumption of fire was the most disconcerting. Did not get swept, although the 25 looked a little iffy. . . .

I was at WW today. I always call hot before shooting (unless somebody else has already opened up, or is calling the line). But usually, I'm ready to shoot when everybody gets back across the line, so I say something... like 'GOING HOT'. Thumbs up from everybody... open up. Some folks look at me like, "of course its hot!"

Note: the 25 WAS iffy.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Went to Wilbur Wright for the first time this past Saturday, 27th. Saw one instance while there were still people down range, some jerk in blue baseball cap picked up his .22 AR and pointed it down range. Compared to Eagle, of the three dozen times I've shot there, only one time a guy TRIED to pick up his gun when range was cold, and was stopped by the RO. The RO at Wilbur doesn't make the call when to go cold. He does help people fix the target when it got shot off the post, though (he helped me and the guy next to me)...

The most I don't like is(was), that for pistol, the target is 25yds away. I put the largest stick-on target that I have, 5", to shoot. At 25 yards, the 5" target was about the same size of the front sight of my Glock 23 and Ruger P89. I had no idea what I wat aiming. I made about two to three holes on target (Shoot 'N' C) after half a box of 9mm ammo. But for .22, the bullet hole was so small even with Shoot 'N' C target, I couldn't see anything. No wonder people were using binoculars...

Top Bottom