• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    So the family got a Wii from Santa this Christmas.
    I might be more interested if I could get a nice shooting game for it.

Any advice?

I have seen Tour of Duty, two different versions. Also saw a Cabela's big game hunting kit. I'll probably need some kind of remote holder that simulates a rifle to do it as intended. The Cabela's set-up was with a shotgun looking remote stock.
    Are these games good? Suggest anything else?:dunno:
    What kind of remote holder is most realistic? Bore out a 10/22 stock?:n00b::)

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Santa brought us cabelas big game hunter with the shotgun stock and it is great! It takes alittle while to get used to but once you do prepare for some long hours in the blind!:rockwoot:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Call of Duty: Reflex Edition is pretty good for a FPS. It takes a bit to get used to the Wii style of FPS but it's still fun :):

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Call of Duty: Reflex Edition is pretty good for a FPS. It takes a bit to get used to the Wii style of FPS but it's still fun :):

OMG, my only advice is don't try to play this without the gun controller thingy. Trying to play with the Wii-mote in one hand and the nunchuck in the other is a HUGE pain in the arse. I loved this game for the 4 days I had it from blockbuster, but my hands and arms were so sore after playing each day.

Body english in any other game console won't affect you at all. Getting twitchy during a firefight on the Wii tends to make things worse.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    Santa brought us cabelas big game hunter with the shotgun stock and it is great! It takes alittle while to get used to but once you do prepare for some long hours in the blind!:rockwoot:

I'll second this. I bought this game shortly after it came out and it is a lot of fun. Having the shotgun only adds to the fun. It is really cool to go to a bunch of different places and hunt the native animals.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    OMG, my only advice is don't try to play this without the gun controller thingy. Trying to play with the Wii-mote in one hand and the nunchuck in the other is a HUGE pain in the arse. I loved this game for the 4 days I had it from blockbuster, but my hands and arms were so sore after playing each day.

Body english in any other game console won't affect you at all. Getting twitchy during a firefight on the Wii tends to make things worse.

:laugh: I couldn't ever get used to the rifle thing, I always play two handed. Yes there is a lot of moving going while sitting on the couch when you are playing Wii. I do love how if you tilt the controler the gun in your hand tilts too!!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Wow!

Thanks for all the responses.:cheers:

Sounds like the Cabella's AND Call of Duty reflex are worth a look. I think I'd lean toward the war game before the hunting game, which means I'd have to get the rifle as a separate accessory. I didn't even think about renting...haven;t done that yet. Makes sense before laying out $50.

Chicken shoot made me laugh. Should have a bypass for snapping necks and not wasting ammo. :):

I'm a total virgin at this, so please explain what "FPS" is.:dunno:

Wii console controllers and nunchucks - check
    Motion Plus - check
    As for the "rifle thing".... got a link or picture? Do all these rifle and shotgun simulators function the same or are they game specific? If they are the same, I might get the cabella's thing first so I'm not doubling up on the stock purchase. Fabricating somethng from a real stock would be cool, but I don't know if that's how I want to spend my time until I see how addicting this may get. Hmmmmmm.........

Also... Sorry, can't comment on the Duck Hunt video. Video downloading is a no-go at work. I'll check it tonight.

Last edited:

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    As for the "rifle thing".... got a link or picture? Do all these rifle and shotgun simulators function the same or are they game specific? If they are the same, I might get the cabella's thing first so I'm not doubling up on the stock purchase. Fabricating somethng from a real stock would be cool, but I don't know if that's how I want to spend my time until I see how addicting this may get. Hmmmmmm.........
    I believe there are a few different options for the "rifle thing", but I think the Cabela's version is the coolest.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I love the Wii for shooting games!!! I grew up with Duck Hunt and Operation Wolf on my original Nintendo (Operation Wolf is available as WiiWare but you cna't use the Wiimote as a zapper :( ) Then I was also a big Lethal Enforcers/Area 51 at arcades.

I have 3 overall gun attachments. In most cases you want to see if your game has changeable controls so you can only use 1 or 2, but you can end up needing several options if they don't or if you like different platforms.

This is my Wii Rifle that I picked up at Big Lots for $15 around Christmas time. It uses the Wiimote "B" button (trigger) as the fire button. It also has the same options as a "Wii Zapper." It has a short length of pull but seems to still be longer than the one that comes with Cabela's Hunting. I might add some LOP since I already slightly modified by adding a front sight in the hood and attaching an airsoft AK mag since I like to grip the mag/mag well:
    Amazon.com: Wii SureShot Rifle: Video Games

For pistols I have this addon. It again works with the Wiimote trigger button:
    Amazon.com: Perfect Shot for Wii: Video Games

For the rare games that only allow the Nunchuk trigger as fire I use this style attachment
    Amazon.com: GAME BLASTER LIGHT GUN FOR NINTENDO WII: Electronics
    But one of these might better option since it can work both controller schemes as a pistol (but the balance and grip would be interesting):
    Amazon.com: FOR Nintendo WII Remote Controller LIGHT BLASTER GUN RESIDENT EVIL 4 CALL OF DUTY: Video Games
    Amazon.com: Wii Multifunction Gun: Electronics
    Amazon.com: ZAPPER GUN WII ZAPPER GUN WII BLASTER ZAPPER GUN: Everything Else

Here is a Motion Plus pistol but honestly I haven't found a need for Motion Plus in my games since none of them support it and the only one to my knowledge that does is Red Steel 2 (BTW, the first one was so-so but is another shooting game to add to the list):
    Amazon.com: Wii Motion Blaster shooting and reloading Gun with Motion Plus…

I mostly play Ghost Squad, an arcade shooter. You are on "rails" so you don't have to do much extra button pushing. Lots of fun and can be found cheap used.

I want to get Call of Duty 4 Reflex Edition but I already played through COD4 on the PC so it is pretty low on the list until the price comes down. But I would say it is probably the best First Person Shooter (FPS) out there for the Wii.

it should be tolerable on the wii (shooters). They were pretty crappy before the "wii motion plus" adapter came out. Don't shoot without it.
    I thought the Wii Motion Plus only had an effect on games that are compatible, not older games like most shooters.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Agreed. I tried this for the first few days and it is a PITA!! Get the zapper.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    i can't believe nobody else said this but wii has house of the dead so you get to shoot zombies on the wii:rockwoot:

Yes Definitely!. Just make sure you kick the family out of the room for some mature rated, grind house movie looking zombie killing fun.
    For a handgun style controller The Perfect Shot by Nyko works perfectly for me and you can get it at Walmart.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Based on the good input here:ingo:, I jumped into the deep end at Amazon tonight and ordered Call of Duty 4 Reflex and got a "sniper rifle" remote holder.
    Worst that happens = I suck at it and collect half my money back as a second hand sale. I figure its worth a try at less than a federal bulk pack of .223.

Thanks all!

Time for Vlad to be "FPS":) If I really like it, I'll try the Cabella's game next. Then, maybe, zombies. Then.........

Top Bottom