• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    Just did a cheap camo job on the wifes v-day present. taurus pt145 pro. 45acp. she wanted a pink camo gun. So I got the pistol, bought some natural sponges and craft paint from wal-mart. 15 mins later here it is. Turned out pretty good.
    30t28eg.jpg

2jey59e.jpg

3532jph.jpg

4sd829.jpg

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Looks good! I did the Wifes AR15 last year and she wanted Purple furniture on it, but I think it's time for a Purple and Black Camo job this spring. Problem is it's hard to find Purple in the shade she likes and not end up with a glossy finish. Need something in more of a semi flat.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    Im going to spray it with ultra flat clear to help the longivity of it. Go to walmart and look at the acrylic craft paint. $.58 per 2oz bottle. and came out semi flat looking.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Im going to spray it with ultra flat clear to help the longivity of it. Go to walmart and look at the acrylic craft paint. $.58 per 2oz bottle. and came out semi flat looking.

I had done this to an xbox 360 controller. The oils in my skin started making it suuuuper sticky.

Hoppes or any other solvent will remove it sadly.

Looks cool though.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    as far as solvents. I field strip all my guns to clean them. And can stip this one down even farther. should not get any solvent on it. And she wont be carrying this in a holster on her side. It will spend most its time in the vehicle, or her bag. Or bedside table.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I really like it. I imagine an epoxy cured paint applied to a pristine surface would surprise you on wear and chemical resistance .

impmouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    i was going to do the normal flowers .but end up buying her a gun . she cant wait to shot it.. hope its not me

Top Bottom