• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    So I've been married for 22 years and I think my wife has gone to one,1, uno gun show with me. Today she went to the Nappanee show with me, along for the ride was my sis in law and her boyfriend.

Were looking around and the girls decide to go sit in the snack bar area. After a bit we join them and the wife asked if I found anything I wanted. Said yeah my normal shop has a RIA 1911 Tactical in .45 I'd like to get, but it was $490. She said, well go have him hold it for you and put $100 down on it. You can pick it up in a week or so.:rockwoot:
    Now my wife isn't really into guns, doesn't dislike them and never *****es about me carrying ,but believes one pistol is enough.

Anyone else dread taking your wife to a gun show/shop and getting a surprise like this?

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I'm new to the gun scene, but mine was really pushing for us to go to the last Crown Point show. I passed on that one just cause I didn't want to fight the crowd and feel the sellers may not want to spend the time with a noobie.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    So far so good with my wife. Today I went metal detecting, another hobby, I said at least it means I'm not buying another gun. Her response was, "I like guns, just not as much as you, but I really like the revolver you bought me"! It's a 32 cal smith and Wesson, by the way.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    My wife will not go to a gun show with me, but always gives me a hard time, when she asks me what I bought, and I say nothing. She asks why I even bother to go then. When I tell her I bought a couple bore brushes, or something like that, she laughs and calls me a big spender. Not a bad problem to have.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Sounds like a keeper! Mine goes with me all the time, we have been shopping for a concealed carry pistol for her at the last few gun shows we have been to. I think she is really there for the German roasted almonds though.

Jhampton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    My wife hasn't been to any guns shows with me but is incredibly supportive. No complaints at all from me.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I know a guy who went to a large gun show with his wife and, after some searching, found deal on a large quantity of ammo. He was going to go back to his truck to get his two-wheeled cart, but the dealer offered to let the guy use the dealer's cart if the guy left some collateral. The guy said he'd leave his wife in exchange for the use of the cart and the dealer agreed. Not sure how the wife felt about that.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    I've been married 10 years and my wife has been to two gun shows, including this Nappanee show. She was ok with what I bought, would not let me buy the glock 20.

Top Bottom