• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    My wife was looking at my Mosin Nagant and was commenting about how beautiful she thought the wood was. She is not into shooting sports, but she has been telling me that she wants me to redecorate our family room in the lodge theme and wants a gun rack on one wall for my rifle and shotgun. The other day she told me that I should go buy another Mosin Nagant or a Mauser. I said well….if you in insist. Then I asked her, “What if I come home with both?” She said, “I don’t care what you buy. You work 60 hours a week.” So I went to Dunham’s last night and a Mosin followed me home. He didn’t have any Mauser K98 friends, but I’m looking. Now I have to buy the gun rack. Believe me, I’m smart enough to buy one with empty spaces for more rifles/shotguns. Anyone else have a supportive spouse that likes it when you get what you want? (By the way, before you mention that the water barrels should be up off of the concrete, they're empty.)
    picture.php

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I agree. It's wonderful having your significant other interested in your hobby. She has her own "want list" for guns that is longer than mine. I guess that's the only down side.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Hehe, you should have then pulled out the 2nd Mosin you already had, or perhaps the 2nd and 3rd one. LOL. By the time my wife found out, I already had 6 :D

Congrats on your purchase and be very careful or you will end up with many.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Must be nice. My wife doesn't want me spending a penny on anything.

I HAD one like that....it took 12.5 years of listening to her that helped make up my mind that i didnt need her. :rockwoot: She was replaced with a new model dishwasher and live in (much younger) girlfriend. :D

To the OP. You should always do what the wife says when she tells you to go buy a gun or go hunting! Be on your way BEFORE she finishes her sentence!

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Thats great. My girlfriend wanted to go to the gun shop yesterday and when we got there told me to pick out a 1911.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Thats great. My girlfriend wanted to go to the gun shop yesterday and when we got there told me to pick out a 1911.

Now that's cool. My wife and I were in Kohl's one day and she was looking at the purses. I told her, "If you see something you like, get it. If you see another one you like, get it too." There was a woman on the other side of the purse rack that had apparently been listening to our conversation, because we heard her whisper, "Wow." We don't throw our money around, but we don't live in a cave and collect either. What 1911 did you pick?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    sounds like you picked a winner , mines wife is similar , when she sees one she likes i think she says something like "oh look this one has GORGEOUS wood, I'd pick this one" so i "settle" on that one ........ gotta keep the peace right ?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    NO NO NO She is trying to infect you with Mosinitis!!!!! Next thing you know she'll want you to get a Finn, then its all over with. :D

But seriously, congrats, you got a good one! Perhaps you should show her some pics of a Finn M39 with the marbled wood? Be a good quick way of getting probably the finest version of the Mosin.;)

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I got my first Mosin the other day. College kid came and bought a bycycle. Was complaining about working 3 jobs, needed the bike to deliver JJs. As he opened his trunk I saw it. I said 'What do you want for your Mosin?", He says "It is not for sale, why would you ask?" I said "Cause you just got done telling me how broke you are and I am willing to give you back $100 of your dollars you just gave me." It took a min, then he tells how it just came out of storage since he was out of country on work study, that's why he is broke.

Happy ending. My wife thinks it is pretty wood as well! :rockwoot: And the end of the day we both got something we "Needed" for a good price.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    She is not into shooting sports, but she has been telling me that she wants me to redecorate our family room in the lodge theme and wants a gun rack on one wall for my rifle and shotgun.

Are you sure she doesn't just want better access to it at night... without having to wake you to open the safe...while you are asleep...? :@ya::shady:

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    My wife goes with me to buy new firearms has her own copies of the ones I have AND lets me stay at home to be MR MOM while she goes to work as a hospice nurse... She is one.of a kind and I love her dearly, I explained we needed more ammo even though we have just a tad stored (Tee Hee TeeHee) and she says well if you think we will need it lets go get it. She understands that even though things havent hit the fan yet that we are in some uncertain times so the firearms and ammo are decent investments as they tend to hold their value if we had to resell in extreme circumstances and they are VERY valuable if we need to use them.

Did I mention she wants to go back to Thunder Ranch with me??? God must like me just a little bit...lol

Top Bottom