• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Mrs. Plinker is in the hospital in Owensboro on a ventilator.
    Woke up Friday night about midnight, she was asleep but having a hard time breathing. Tried to wake her up but couldn't. Called ambulance, they came out, tried to wake her, no good. Got her loaded up and I followed them to the local hospital. They pulled off the road about half way there, the driver jumped out and told me she had stopped breathing and they were going to put a tube in and start a ventilator. Instead of going to Tell City, they went straight to Owensboro, lights and siren.
    Got her there and they ran a bunch of tests right away. Kept her sedated because of the ventilator. This morning they tried to take her off the ventilator and it didn't go very well. For some reason her lungs are not working, O2 saturation is under 90% even with a vent and giving O2 and CO2 is high. Dr. thinks she aspirated something Friday night and now has pneumonia. This afternoon they had her hooked up to about 6 i.v.s, a feeding tube, and a bunch of monitors in addition to the vent. They also have somebody in the room with her at all times.
    Been a long last couple of days and the next few days are going to be also.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Prayers sent....

My wife had that happen a few years ago and was on a ventilator for 6 days. Hang in there! Stay positive! she will know if you are down. When the Mrs was that way I did my best to stay upbeat. She told me it helped her in sedated state.

Top Bottom