• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I made the long trip from Evansville to what was going to be Greenwood to buy a used CBOB. My wife is really good about my gun habit and once I explained to her this was a good deal on a gun I really wanted she was OK with it. Well when I called the guy to confirm he was near Edinburgh so I agreed to meet him there, after all it was closer for me.

I had planned on biting the bullet and taking my wife to a nice lunch and maybe a little shopping while we were in Indy, but what I had no idea was that there is a HUGE outlet mall where he suggested we stop. So I was dragged through all of those stores, and we ended up buying her some shoes and 2 Coach purses. What could I say no I just bought a gun but you can't have a purse.

So beware when you pack your wife along your wallet is fair game for the rest of the day.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    Guess I have one of the keepers, several months ago we had $600 in "mad money", split between the wife and myself. I was drooling on a mini 14 when the wife say's "why don't you get it?", "only have $300" says I, "here take mine and buy it" she replies. Sometimes life is just GOOD!

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I should probably preface this by saying we do not use credit cards, and none of the money came from anywhere but from our play envelope for all of you Dave Ramsey fans. This is just a friendly warning that Edinburgh is not a good place to buy a gun with your wife with you, it could end up with a bunch of her toys coming home as well.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    Then she`d know how much I spent!Never good in my case,I spend X$ and she comes back and spends XX$,only problem I have with this is I make about 4 times what she does.Guess it all comes out in the wash tho.Glad she doesn`t read here!

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Let this be a lesson for everyone to scout meeting locations that aren't near home when you bring the wife.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Your wife deserved it! You know you enjoyed buying the purses just as much as she enjoyed getting the gun for you. :yesway: Yeah, Dave Ramsey reps here, too.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Your wife deserved it! You know you enjoyed buying the purses just as much as she enjoyed getting the gun for you. :yesway: Yeah, Dave Ramsey reps here, too.

Your right, the smile on her face made them worth every penny, I probably looked that happy just a 1/2 hour earlier. I will admit I did feel a little wierd buying a gun in the parking lot of Montana Mikes. I do encourage everyone to scope out that place they do have some really nice guns though :D

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The only problem I have ever had when my wife has accompanied me to purchase a firearm is that we usually end up blowing the budget when she starts buying some for herself!

I think the only coach she ever bought was a coach shotgun.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    The only problem I have ever had when my wife has accompanied me to purchase a firearm is that we usually end up blowing the budget when she starts buying some for herself!

I think the only coach she ever bought was a coach shotgun.
    --------------------------------------------

I have the same problem!!! But atleast she lets me shoot them once inawhile so I have no complaints. :D

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lot of that going around. I was shopping for my first gun about a year ago. I looked at what seemed like every model out there. When it came time to do the deed, the wife wanted to go with me and find something that fit her hands as well. No problemo. I was leaning toward the SR9 in terms of ergonomics. What we ended up getting was a M&P9 pro. Don't get me wrong, I like it just fine, but it was about $150 more than I was planning on spending. Still, 1600 rounds down the pipe and it's a good shooter.

She hasn't fired a single round through that pistol since we bought it. :rolleyes:

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Guess I have one of the keepers, several months ago we had $600 in "mad money", split between the wife and myself. I was drooling on a mini 14 when the wife say's "why don't you get it?", "only have $300" says I, "here take mine and buy it" she replies. Sometimes life is just GOOD!

You'd better spoil that woman rotten! :yesway:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I should probably preface this by saying we do not use credit cards, and none of the money came from anywhere but from our play envelope for all of you Dave Ramsey fans. This is just a friendly warning that Edinburgh is not a good place to buy a gun with your wife with you, it could end up with a bunch of her toys coming home as well.

Been there and been dragged through the same outlet mall. I feel your pain good Sir. :(

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I made the long trip from Evansville to what was going to be Greenwood to buy a used CBOB. My wife is really good about my gun habit and once I explained to her this was a good deal on a gun I really wanted she was OK with it. Well when I called the guy to confirm he was near Edinburgh so I agreed to meet him there, after all it was closer for me.

I had planned on biting the bullet and taking my wife to a nice lunch and maybe a little shopping while we were in Indy, but what I had no idea was that there is a HUGE outlet mall where he suggested we stop. So I was dragged through all of those stores, and we ended up buying her some shoes and 2 Coach purses. What could I say no I just bought a gun but you can't have a purse.

So beware when you pack your wife along your wallet is fair game for the rest of the day.
    :laugh: Lesson learned!!!

Been there done that! Congrats on your purchase and some exercise!

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Yeah that Coach outlet up the road is a real ***** in my house to. However a Coach purse has a 7 year warranty.

Very nice warranty, only problem with my wife is, I'm lucky if she has the same purse for more than 3 months! Then I find it in the back of the closet smashed under the umpteen pairs of shoes she has. Some of the shoes still have tags on them.. :wallbash:

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I don't take my wife gun shopping and she doesnt take me purse or shoe shopping.

Since we've been together Mrs. N_K_1984 has gone with me to purchase all my guns. She also goes to the range with me, shoots them all, and she's even a hell of markswoman. (She's from Texas though, and they know how to grow `em in Texas!) Because of that, I don't mind at all going shopping with her.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

That outlet mall is a place of nightmare for me. I have been dragged there three times, the last time I told her I would NOT EVER be returning there again. Now she plans trips there with her mom and sister, and I get to enjoy an entire Saturday or Sunday of peace and quiet. :rockwoot:I will not cave in and go there, even if there was a new gun in it for me.

However, I'm glad it worked out well for you! Hope you enjoy your new purchase.:ingo:

Top Bottom