• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Nice work Modern Gunner,(I'd give you rep if I could) also we have to learn NOT to trust the republicans. For far too long we've been taken for granted, we'll vote for them because they have no one else. Well, it's time to get someone else.

We need to get pro constitution, not just pro gun legislators elected. This is a very slippery slope indeed, and unfortunately the second amendment is where it begins. Amending the Constitution without amendments, by fiat of congress and the president. Too bad the republicans aren't anymore.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How many letters / e-mails have YOU sent to firearms-related companies encouraging them to leave their anti-gun States and move to Indiana? Colt's in CT and Kimber's in NY, etc., etc., etc.

Have you written and TOLD them that you not only encourage them to leave their rabidly anti-gun States but also that you will not buy and encourage others not to buy products from them as long as they're housed in anti-gun States?

What's your plan for the mid-term elections? Vote for some guy 'on principle', even though you KNOW that guy (or gal) doesn't have a chance in hell of winning?

How 'bout in 2014? Gonna vote 'on principle' AGAIN for some guy (or gal) that doesn't have a chance in hell of winning? THAT'S exactly why we're all in this predicament now. Had those folks voted for REAL 'principle', ousting 'King Barack', ya would NOT be having this 'debate' and this thread wouldn't exist. That's the FACT of it, whether that bruises some egos or not.

Wanna win this? Then we gotta strategize better, and work together. Make the winning the issue, not the ego. Vote SMART. Campaign in your area FOR pro-gun folk that have a chance of winning, and AGAINST Obama and his ilk...

:rockwoot:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    @ ModernGunner

LOL back at ya'

You had me right up to the point where you were ranting about "chance of winning" trumping principle.

Sometimes principle trumps "winning" ... I suppose you define "winning" as "my guy got elected." That's a fearful way to live and I don't plan on leaving that legacy to my kids.

Hope you don't take offense. ;)

BTW ... I've done everything you mentioned (except for the "lesser evil voting") and more ... you forgot to mention getting your friends and coworkers involved, getting your kids out of the government education system, engaging the other side in conversation (politics will only get you so far ... this battle is for the mind), etc.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    The amount of misunderstanding on this board of how our Congress works per our governing laws is sad. Treason, really??? I don' like my rights being infringed upon either, but I do appreciate the responsibility of the vote on any issue drafted by elected officials. Its the system working as it is supposed to.

If you want something to be upset about...The quicker we get term limits and corporate lobbying out of the way, the better

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    These are the Republicans who failed to support a filibuster today along with their NRA rating.

Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) – NRA A rated
    Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) – NRA A rated
    Richard Burr (N.C.) – NRA A rated
    Saxby Chambliss (Ga.) – NRA A rated
    Tom Coburn (Okla.) – NRA A rated
    Susan Collins (Maine) – NRA B+ rated
    Bob Corker (Tenn.) – NRA A rated
    Jeff Flake (Ariz.) – NRA A rated
    Lindsey Graham (S.C.) – NRA A rated
    Dean Heller (Nev.) – NRA A rated
    John Hoeven (N.D.) – NRA A rated
    Johnny Isakson (Ga.) – NRA A rated
    Mark Kirk (Ill.) – NRA D rated

John McCain (Ariz.) – NRA B+ rated
    Pat Toomey (Pa.) – NRA A rated
    Roger Wicker (Miss.) – NRA A+ rate

The NRA has some 'splainin to do. This is a huge black eye for the NRA. They owe membership a statement on future support for these senators. Where NRA (members) dollars have gone to elect these guys, NRA leadership is accountable for those contributions and their plans for the future.

Those A ratings need to be reduced....and now.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Then term limits with a RECALL provision.

He didn't address the corporate lobbying part of my quote, which goes hand in hand to the reason why most are in Congress so long.

Wouldn't it be nice to elect someone on a platform they advertise, and they actually stay on that platform because they don't have to worry about paying back donors/lobbyists? Which 9 times out of 10 is the reason why these *******s start going whackadoo after only a couple years in office. Morality and responsibility of office is bought and paid for in about 90% of Congressional races. Sad facts of the "greatest county in the world."

It would be a rough changeover from this practice. Probably a few bad terms, but in the long run, it would pay off.

mikem1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    the bad thing is they can vote for closer and still againts the bill knowing the dems still have enuf votes to pass. thats how they get cover in red states. dems and rinos suck.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Besides, most of the time a convenient 'tragedy' comes along during the vote, so no doubt at the last minute when some politicians are wavering, there will be some other Reichstag-event oh-so-conveniently swaying public opinion and votes.

Terry Barker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Central Indiana
    How about Boenher saying he could pass gun legislation without a majority of his party. I've called and written so much I don't even get a reply. So just shifted my focus to family, friends etc. Only way to foster change is thru educating those who have bought into government dependency.

slidemuzik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    NRA funds can be very effective in electing 2A proponents in the Republican primaries. Primaries are where the change needs to take place. Once these RINOs win the primary we are left to choose between the lesser of two evils. If there's going to be a third party, it needs to be left wing to help the cause and split the Dem votes.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    How about Boenher saying he could pass gun legislation without a majority of his party. I've called and written so much I don't even get a reply. So just shifted my focus to family, friends etc. Only way to foster change is thru educating those who have bought into government dependency.

where did he say this?

Top Bottom