• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I was sitting in class today and we started discussing the shooting up in Ft. Wayne over the weekend. A LEO in the class then said "If you aren't a cop, you shouldn't carry." He couldn't give me a good reason as to why we shouldn't carry. INGO I come to you to ask, why not?:D

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    That's why I issued the challenge to INGO. I figure between us, who are smarter than the average bear and some of us who believe LEOs should have guns and no one else (no names to mention), we should be able to come up with a reason to restrict our rights. I mean, as gun owners, we are inferior and brainless, right?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    That's why I issued the challenge to INGO. I figure between us, who are smarter than the average bear and some of us who believe LEOs should have guns and no one else (no names to mention), we should be able to come up with a reason to restrict our rights. I mean, as gun owners, we are inferior and brainless, right?

You been tippin' the bottle? :wherethehellisthedrunksmiley:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I ONLY hve 26yr. 1mo. and 14 days of MILITARY training, so NO, I am NOT QUALIFIED to CARRY, ONLY Police Officers are QUALIFIED to do so ..... INSERT PURPLE, as YOU see fit ..... :twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I was sitting in class today and we started discussing the shooting up in Ft. Wayne over the weekend. A LEO in the class then said "If you aren't a cop, you shouldn't carry." He couldn't give me a good reason as to why we shouldn't carry. INGO I come to you to ask, why not?:D

Can you give some context to the conversation? I'd love to hear it.

Idiots like that guy/gal give LEO a bad name...Those are the fools that could end up ruining your life.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

What class were you in and where?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Can you give some context to the conversation? I'd love to hear it.

Idiots like that guy/gal give LEO a bad name...Those are the fools that could end up ruining your life.

He was having a conversation with another student on the other side of the class. Another student asked what he carried and he said Glock 23. The student then said he had considered the 23 for daily carry and he just said, "if you're not a cop you shouldn't carry a gun. You're asking for trouble and you'll eventually get yourself killed." There's another officer in the class that just turned around and gave him the "Did you just say that?" look.

What class were you in and where?
    I'm in an EMT certification class out at Community East Hospital.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, I read in Recoil magazine that we should only have guns that are for "sporting purposes". I know that has to be right because it was printed in a magazine.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

To make it easier on the criminals? :dunno:

To leave the monopoly on negligent shooting to the NYPD? :dunno:

Because the 2A doesn't mean what it says? :dunno:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    The wife works for the county and there are plenty of LEO that are not very proficient with the guns they carry. She has talked about other officers that do not qualify the first time around all the time. There have also been a couple of incidents of rounds leaving the police range and hitting a truck and a trailer recently. I believe both were AD over the backstops.

Last time i checked LEO were human to. If I am not qualified to carry, I do not believe they would be either.

Top Bottom