• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    The law on this is worded kind of oddly. The way it's written, it appears as though you should have waited until within 30 days of expiration for it to be automatically extended.

I think that the intent was to require you to file on or BEFORE thirty days before your expiration date.

IMO, (IANAL) That 30 day period was intended to coincide with the 60 days they legally have to approve/deny your application (but we know that isn't being followed currently).

Actually, they have improved the process significantly. LTCH's are being issued in as little as 8 days with a clean arrest record.

I believe based on the the intent of the law, and good argument could be made that your License remains valid until a decision on your renewal is made. Otherwise, it would be a denial of rights by means of taking no action.

I would agree.

Again, IANAL, IDNSAAHIELN, YMMV, etc.

Me too, neither.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I think that the intent was to require you to file on or BEFORE thirty days before your expiration date.
    The way it is worded, includes a 60 day window from 30 days before to 30 days after expiration, though some will argue that "after expiration" it's no longer considered a "renewal". I agree the word "before" should have been included in the code.

Actually, they have improved the process significantly. LTCH's are being issued in as little as 8 days with a clean arrest record.

Yes, but the example I quoted as well as the OP in this very thread are both in excess of the 60 day period allotted to make a decision.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I got mine in 3 days.... but I think I bragged about that once already.

Truth is, it appears there is no rhyme or reason how they issue them. I've got a clean record and a not-so-common name, but that doesn't explain how I got mine in 3 days whereas someone else in a potential similar situation has to wait 3 months. With all the LEO on here, you'd think that perhaps someone works for ISP and can give us a little insight into the process they use to send these out. It doesn't appear to be first in, first out. I think in another thread I made a joke that it seems like they just shuffle the applications each morning and just draw from the top. I have been seeing a lot more faster process times in the wait thread, but it's still discouraging to see people who have waited for months still not have theres when others get theres in less than one week.

emmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Georgetown
    In my case, my 4 year expires on June 10th. I plan to wait until around May 15 and then call and see what I can find out.

Top Bottom