• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was going to say Epic Fail for putting yourself and your family back in such a dangerous situation when you had your way out, and with no means to defend yourself. But you did help a guy out it seems...So I'm on the fence on this one(ouch).

At first I had that thought too...but then I thought what if it was my 17 year old kid working there? So I say Bravo!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have always been a large fella myself, 6' 1" and 250. Fought full contact Karate as a much younger man. Never really scared of confrontation and always stood up in these situations. Grew up west side Indy so there was always some scuffle going on. Older and wiser now. Well, I think I am anyway.
    Still do not run from the BG as most are cowards when you shine a light on them but a few will stare back at you. Now days with the drug culture and a lack of morals from that lifestyle it is obvious from recent crimes that "life" means nothing to some of these "Zombies" and I go out into the world each day being vigilant and heavily armed. Pay attention to your surroundings and take nothing for granted.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Jgreiner, I was the same as you... 6'7" 365# didn't really worry about it to much... I kind of woke up last spring... realized I'm getting older, health isn't the greatest (my own fault!) and I really didn't want to end up in a brawl on the ground or a knife in the gut, or shot trying to protect my daughters and wife!

Myself being a mere 6'6 250 lbs, we need to hang out sometime so I can feel like the little guy for once.:):

BTW, excellent story TS.:yesway:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    tough choice on what you did. glad all went well. i have seen the business end of one of these things and its not pretty. no shots were fired, i wasnt carrying back then, and that still did not sway me. i got my ltch because it made going to the range easier as i did not have to keep everything locked up and unloaded. after getting the ltch, i decided i might as well because if something like that every happens again, i will at least be on even footing. i carry two on me at all times i am able (3 takes up too many pockets)

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I got my LTCH because of stories like this, and all the times that I'm out and about with my wife and kids. My wife just payed her local fee Wednesday, so she'll be getting her LTCH soon and then there will be a gun in the glove box of our car at all times; I will still have one on my hip at all times and my wife will have one on her's.

This is definitely a great story and a great reason why every law abiding citizen should be armed and have the know how to stop a threat.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Hey I was born about two whole miles from Canada, just this side of the Detroit River................lucky me, an unalianable 2nd ammendment right, and IF I still lived in the city of my birth, I am sure I would have had to use one many a time by now.:dunno:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    It just seems like more stupid stuff is going down. We live in Porter county. Within the last week we have has an armed robbery at a Pawn shop in Portage. The perp shot a dam round into the floor of the business. Then a guy tried to jack a lady's car while she was pumping gas. That happened in Valpo. Then it appears the same guy that hit the shop in Portage robbed a Pawn shop in Merrillville, same MO. Fired a round into the ground.

Rocknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Great story. Glad that you and your family were safe. It's pretty silly, but the reason I started carrying was tv. I would be watching something--sometimes a fictional show and sometimes te news--and I would think "pull your gun", "where's your gun?!?"

One day I realized, "Hey! Where's my gun if I were in that situation?!?". It's strange sometimes how we come to realize simple things.

Top Bottom