• ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Ok you all here are really making me upset :xmad:

I read the threads I get envolved and dangit I want to spend more money on weapons. (that I don't have right now)

I was just looking in the Long gun section and now I need a lever action 22lr, and I can sit here and justify why I need it....to let my kids shoot it with me....

After looking at the 1911 thread I want a Kimber 45....

Seriously ppl we need a forum support group for spending!!!! :):

When I meet you all I'll let you deal with the wife :):

So please Ingo, keep up the good work on keeping me on the forums and wanting to spend my money on firearms and ammunition.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ok 44 views and no comments, I guess you all didn't see the humor in my post.
    Your post was difficult to read and follow, so it probably is hard to see the humor in it.

When you've been here awhile, you'll see that people respond to good humor with more good humor. Complaining that people don't get you won't help people get you. It will only put them off.

Keep trying.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    From the title, emoticons and the first few sentences, I thought it was a post from a <50 post member complaining that they couldn't buy/sell yet...so I didn't read the entire post.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I read your post and understand the sentiment expressed in it. I just didn't see any point in posting a "yeah, I feel that way too sometimes" type message.

Yeah, reading about guns always makes me wish I could acquire a few more, but... all in due time! :D

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    FWIW, I read it all, and I got your humor.

Your sentiments are shared by many here.

And don't worry about the replies. Many follow the rule "If you don't have anything good to say..." and others just say it anyway.

You'll soon see.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Come shooting with me and I will show you the difference between a 400 ak and a 1200 ak.

If my wife ever figures out the combo to my safe, I'm a dead man.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    The times in my life that I was dead broke, I wanted stuff that I couldn't afford. When I was working minimum wage jobs; delivering pizza and washing dishes, I had some money but I still wanted things I couldn't afford. I took a good blue collar job for a while; had more money, but still wanted things I couldn't afford. So I worked my way through college, got a better job, still want things I can't afford.

Its human nature to want stuff just cause you want it. The key is not getting crazy and figuring out how much you can afford to spend. Setting aside a dollar a day for guns you can still afford a $2,000 rifle, it just takes five and a half years to save up.

The other route is to start with a $100 rifle, get on the classifieds and trade it for a $125 rifle. Keep trading up and make it your hobby/goal to get the gun that you really want.

Meanwhile, make some friends on here. There are plenty of guys (and gals) that will take you out and let you shoot their $2,000 rifle.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I've posted some funny stuff before and not got any reply's. If it isn't about certain things, it might go unnoticed. I've all but stopped reading INGO because I bought 3 guns this month and the wife has been giving me crap about it. So I stopped reading this week to curb my wanting ANOTHER gun.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Guns aren't addictive...it's not like I just got a reloading set up for my .45 and now an SKS I'm pick up and new stock and compliance parts for it...Seriously, I don't know what you're talking about.:dunno: The good news is I've finally completed the "set" so I don't have to buy another firearm ever! You said you've justified the 22.lr for shooting with your kids....so sounds like the kids need to get a job and pay for it!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ok you all here are really making me upset :xmad:

I read the threads I get envolved and dangit I want to spend more money on weapons. (that I don't have right now)

I was just looking in the Long gun section and now I need a lever action 22lr, and I can sit here and justify why I need it....to let my kids shoot it with me....

After looking at the 1911 thread I want a Kimber 45....

Seriously ppl we need a forum support group for spending!!!! :):

When I meet you all I'll let you deal with the wife :):

So please Ingo, keep up the good work on keeping me on the forums and wanting to spend my money on firearms and ammunition.

A lack of self control is a bad thing in any adult but especially for gun owners.

Top Bottom