• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtech29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    new castle, indiana
    While I was in Indy last saturday, I got out of my truck and my new glock 22rtf was tucked in my cheap inside the waistband holster. My shirt had rose up and stuck to the grip exposing the pistol. A older gentleman asked me why I carried a pistol. Not normally being one who is quick with good comebacks I told him that my license said that I was an organ donor and I changed my mind. I thought it was funny even if no one else does.

I really just carry to protect myself and my family, also I've worked in corrections for thirteen years and havent made too many friends.

So why do you carry?

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Carry

Same here Bowtech29 I work in Corrections and have seen a few of our released guests on the street
    plus I want to defend Myself and Family

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't carry yet, but I plan too. I'm getting myself use to carryign slowly. Right now I just wear my glock, unloaded in its holster around the house. Just getting use to the way it feels on my side, with my clothes. In a few weeks, I will start wearing it around the house loaded. Then when I feel like I'm used to it, comfortable, I will carry outside of my home.

It is important to me to break myself in slowly with time at the range, and cleaning, and wearing and paying attention to every detail. I'm also checking every place I go into see what types of establishments even post their "carry" policies openly.

I am also taking my approach to ease my family into the idea of me carrying and to teach them respect for fire arms.

Once I've put in the hours on the range and the weapon feels like it is an extension of my wardrobe, then I will carry to protect those and my loved ones as I refuse to be a victim.

NOTE: To those who think that it is pointless for me to carry around an unloaded gun, I would agree, but right now, I just don't have the reps in firing my gun accurately. Sad but true. Right now if someone did threaten me, I would be just as well throwing my gun and having better luck hiting them than I would pulling the trigger...well now that I think of it, I can't throw the gun 15 times :) But anyway, I need more reps before I can responsibly carry.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Same reason I have a first aid kit in the trunk and in the house, why I have fire extinguishers, and why I have smoke detectors. Because I don't know when I'm going to have an emergency and need the appropriate tools to respond to it.

In addition, carrying a firearm marks me as a citizen of a free country, not a subject of a tyranny,and helps maintain that freedom.

Or you could just tell them you carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Because the 50 cal rail mounts for my Hondai Accent are on backorder.:rockwoot:

Because I can't think of one good reason not to. Can you?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...But anyway, I need more reps before I can responsibly carry.

Take it at your own pace but I will suggest that a little training up front will go a long way. Reps will only make you repetitious.

I carry because of the gubberments and other bad guys.:D

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't have my LTCH yet, but I'll be carrying because people are crazy.

When I get it, I mean, I'm not carrying w/o it.

Last edited:

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    protect my family, my friends and myself. also the police can't be everywhere at once. other reasons include because it's my right to do so and rights not excersized are more easily lost.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Because either:
    A: Because I have a wife and son to come home to.
    B: I have a wife and son to get home.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Kind of what "zip" said..I told my wife and kids that the day I married her and their mama that it became my duty to protect them no matter what.

We live in a wonderful world full of Gods blessings and those blessings need protection.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    To be completely honest? Because I can

The increased ability to protect myself and the general intuition I feel with my surroundings while carrying are also added benefits.

Top Bottom