• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    So here is my question. The anti gunners say that they want to make America safer. My question is do they only do this for the press? Or are they really trying to disarm the American people so they have complete control over us?

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Remember the ONLY reason we still have the 1st Amendment or any of the others is BECAUSE of the 2nd!

If they can take away the 2nd then they can work on the others without FEAR!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Many anti-gunners engage in projection. Projection is neurosis that causes them to think all people will behave as they will. Since they do not trust themselves to have enough self-control to responsibly possess and use a firearm, they believe no one else can be trusted with one, either.

They frequently make exceptions for certain groups believed to have "specialized" training or qualifications which give them "extreme" self-control. Police officers and members of the Military (while in uniform and under the control of an officer, NOT while in civilian clothes) are usually included in these groups.

In unguarded moments, they will sometimes admit they would be afraid of "going crazy" and killing people if they had a gun. Their psychological sickness is believing YOU would do the same thing.

Doug

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Many anti-gunners engage in projection. Projection is neurosis that causes them to think all people will behave as they will. Since they do not trust themselves to have enough self-control to responsibly possess and use a firearm, they believe no one else can be trusted with one, either.

They frequently make exceptions for certain groups believed to have "specialized" training or qualifications which give them "extreme" self-control. Police officers and members of the Military (while in uniform and under the control of an officer, NOT while in civilian clothes) are usually included in these groups.

In unguarded moments, they will sometimes admit they would be afraid of "going crazy" and killing people if they had a gun. Their psychological sickness is believing YOU would do the same thing.

Doug

You are spot on. I recently had a conversation with some people at work, who were criticizing the carrying of handguns, who also said things like, "I'm afraid to own a gun, because I would kill stupid people."

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Ignorance is bliss. I genuinely don't think there is a big conspiracy. I just think the collective mass legitimately believes we would be safer. Now within the government there may be some rumblings by FEMA, DHS, TSA, etc that it would be easier to "protect us" without guns so they could "strongly encourage" us to follow orders in a crisis. I don't think there is some large scale, active conspiracy to disarm us them rapidly transform the nation into a dictatorship or usher in some crazy new world order.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've thought about this many times, and I think it's d) all of the above. The fear of the unknown and a desire to control others, along with projection of the fear.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Doug
    :yesway: Also they seem to genuinely believe that if YOU don't have access to guns, then magically criminals won't have access either, and won't resort to other deadly weapons if they can't get guns.

It's a laughable delusion, except it's so widespread.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    :yesway: Also they seem to genuinely believe that if YOU don't have access to guns, then magically criminals won't have access either, and won't resort to other deadly weapons if they can't get guns.

It's a laughable delusion, except it's so widespread.

Most people don't seem to think more than one step ahead.

As an example: A few years back, the State of Indiana raised taxes on cigarettes by a substantial amount. Six months later, they complained they weren't collecting as much revenue as they had expected. The reason was that people had changed their behavior. Some had quit smoking, some had crossed the border to nearby states to buy cigarettes, and some had started buying them tax free over the internet from Indian Reservations. The legislators had done a static analysis and had assumed no behavioral changes. They were wrong.

A gun is the only thing that gives a petite female or the elderly power equal to the physical strength of a robust mugger or housebreaker. Without guns, the weak or at the mercy of the strong.

Most anti-gunners equate fewer guns with less violence. In fact, fewer guns equals more violence, as illustrated in John Lott's book, More Guns, Less Crime. (Its a bit ponderous, but you can get it from the library and read the conclusions.)

One more thing, every tax and spending bill proposed in congress is given static analysis; they never take into account that people will change their behaviors. That's one of the reasons we're in such a mess.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Go ahead and ban guns. I just want to know who is going to be the guys with enough nuts to try and take them from us gun loving maniacs. I personally would have a pretty hard time handing over my collection. I mean whats left after the great flood that swept my stockpile.:rolleyes:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008

You hit the nail on the head. Repped.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    So here is my question. The anti gunners say that they want to make America safer. My question is do they only do this for the press? Or are they really trying to disarm the American people so they have complete control over us?

Some of them genuinely think that guns are bad and no one should be allowed to own them. Some of these individuals have never owned, fired, or even handled a firearm. Some have never been a victim of a crime, let alone a violent crime, and thus they can't imagine why anyone would need a gun. These people usually cite the police as their method of defense. Also, there are others who simply believe in non-violent non-resistance. There are also many politicians who support "gun-control" for political reasons, as they believe it makes them look good to some voters.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

Doug
    If I could rep you to a GOLD Badge I would.:yesway:

Top Bottom