• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    I've seen a few situations of road rage where "crazies" get out of their cars or hang out windows and go through the motions of eihter cocking and pointing a gun at another driver or grabbing an object (clearly not a gun) and pointing it at other drivers yelling "BANG BANG" repeatedly.

A few of these situations, not necessarily directed at me, I have picked-up on some of their erratic behavior and paid extra close attention to them but also prepared myslef for any esclation of force threating the life of the people around me. I don't believe I go looking for these situations but it is beyond me why someone would pretend to have a gun and clearly communicate an invisible gun threat to another driver.

Any thought or similar experiences and what was your response or did you pick up on any particular clues that prepared you for how these "crazies" clearly communicated a gun threat without a gun?

Last edited:

bass pro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    west side guy
    In this day and age , you never know when you will walk (or drive) into a threat. You always need to be prepared to defend yourself and your loved ones. And yes some of the crazies do have guns! One shot thru my neighbors garage door two nights ago!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maybe someone needs to explain this to me because I don't think I'm reading it right. :):

I believe he meant "erratic". :):

To the OP, do us older posters a favor and use actual English, rather than TXT SPK in your titles and posts, please?

I know that I, for one, would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Blessings,
    Bill

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    I believe he meant "erratic". :):

Sorry, they sound similar but are clearly spelled differently. My bad!!!

Do you mean "gun" or rifle? :D
    That's for all you veterans out there...

haha, good point. No they are not grabbing their package they typically go through the motions of having a handgun. I don't think I can win with this one no matter how I respond lol.

FYI: I'm a USAF Vet!

Last edited:

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    If it's happening that much, you might want some driving lessons :D or stay out of the left lane (and yeah I know your doing the speed limit, ya hall monitor vigilante) HEHE JK ;)

Those wangster guys crack me up :draw:

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I've seen a few situations of road rage where "crazies" get out of their cars or hang out windows and go through the motions of eihter cocking and pointing a gun at another driver or grabbing an object (clearly not a gun) and pointing it at other drivers yelling "BANG BANG" repeatedly.

A few of these situations, not necessarily directed at me, I have picked-up on some of their erratic behavior and paid extra close attention to them but also prepared myslef for any esclation of force threating the life of the people around me. I don't believe I go looking for these situations but it is beyond me why someone would pretend to have a gun and clearly communicate an invisible gun threat to another driver.

Any thought or similar experiences and what was your response or did you pick up on any particular clues that prepared you for how these "crazies" clearly communicated a gun threat without a gun?

I saw a highs school kid (who thought he was pretty gangsta) wave a clear airsoft pistol at some at a red light a few weeks back. I wasn't driving but riding shotgun and begged the driver to cut them of so I could save that kids life!! People who do that are begging to get shot by someone with a REAL gun. I would guess their logic is "Would I be afraid if someone might be waving a gun at me? Yes. So that means this will scare that a-hole who just cut me off!"

They try so hard to be like us good gun owning citizens, i'm flattered :puke: the down side is if the other drivers think that the "crazy" does have a gun then it just gives gun owners a bad rep.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    A guy at work was telling a road rage story where he said he was motioning to the other idiot that he had a gun and he was going to shoot him multiple times. It was a long story and sounded pretty heated and exceptionally idiotic.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Ah, the implied threat of "death could happen to you at any time."

Do I have a firearm in my jacket pocket?
    Do I have a firearm in my car?
    Under my seat?

I think it goes along with using a finger to make the slicing motion across your throat to mime a "Columbian necktie" in some circles that is used as a warning to silently tell someone to shut up.

As a parent I simply use the hairy eyeball approach with my son. When he sees me flash that sign at him he wonders if he'll see his next birthday.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    If someone made the shooting hand sign to me, I'd probably unholster mine and extend my arm out offering it to them. But I'm a crazy, too.

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    Boy this thread went south in about three posts, :D :draw:;)
    Thanks for bringing this post back to the subject...

They try so hard to be like us good gun owning citizens, i'm flattered :puke: the down side is if the other drivers think that the "crazy" does have a gun then it just gives gun owners a bad rep.

Agreed! There are idiots out there that think having a handgun and acting a fool makes them hard and scares other people. With this said, the legal gun owner pays the price of stereotyping gun owners as "crazies."

There is a clear and obvious reason these "crazies" don't have a handgun and pretend, because they are not sane or legal gun owning citizens.

A guy at work was telling a road rage story where he said he was motioning to the other idiot that he had a gun and he was going to shoot him multiple times. It was a long story and sounded pretty heated and exceptionally idiotic.

Who knows what sets these people off: a bad day, loosing control over other drivers, or whatever. It doesn't seem worth it to get all worked up. I like to let people know that no one can make you crazy; you have control over yourself and your decisions and if you go crazy that is because you allowed yourself to loose your cool and get that way.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom