• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I know someone who had business cards printed up saying much the same thing. He put them on bulletin boards around town (grocery stores, barber & beauty shops, etc) and actually did get calls.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I am now considering starting a cash and precious metal disposal service. :D

Don't hurt your back lifting those bothersome gold bars. We will dispose of them for free!

DFu4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2016
    Hobart
    I know someone who had business cards printed up saying much the same thing. He put them on bulletin boards around town (grocery stores, barber & beauty shops, etc) and actually did get calls.

I wonder what the legal responsibilities of a business like this would be, and if some sort of ATF reporting would be involved. I'd guess you would at least need an FFL, and would have to log anything you took in.

Now that I think about it, all you would probably have to do is operate as an FFL.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Lots of 404 error on links on that website. Google the street address on the website.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember guys setting up and buying guns from people (cheap) at the government buy backs before they would get in line.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I wonder what the legal responsibilities of a business like this would be, and if some sort of ATF reporting would be involved. I'd guess you would at least need an FFL, and would have to log anything you took in.

Now that I think about it, all you would probably have to do is operate as an FFL.

This was the first place my mind went after thinking, I want to do that!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

That would be a starting point, but there would be a more involved. For example, security would be a serious issue: security of the intake site, security of the storage site, security when they come out to pick up firearms/ammo. I'd be concerned about ambushes when they go out to pickup/purchase items. They certainly shouldn't use well-marked vehicles and ideally should send two people for security.

Not sure how stolen firearms would be handled, but I presume it would be similar to what they do when they check in incoming used firearm now.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I seem to remember a thread about someone doing that and it turning out that he got in all types of trouble. I will try to find the thread. I do not remember if the trouble was solely due to firearms or something else.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    I seem to remember a thread about someone doing that and it turning out that he got in all types of trouble. I will try to find the thread. I do not remember if the trouble was solely due to firearms or something else.

Most likely due to location being a school or on private property.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom