• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BISHOP2822

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    51   2   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    North of Indy
    Why are people paying so much for 380 ammo, I really don't understand why someone would pay $30.00 + dollars for a box of 50 PRACTICE Ammo If you are going to spend the money, Why not buy 10mm or 45acp. Can someone fill me in pleae,:dunno:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Why are people paying so much for 380 ammo, I really don't understand why someone would pay $30.00 + dollars for a box of 50 PRACTICE Ammo If you are going to spend the money, Why not buy 10mm or 45acp. Can someone fill me in pleae,:dunno:

The main reason is because I won't trust my life to a gun that I haven't put at least 50 rounds through so if you have bought a 380 you need at least some ammo.

My 380 LCP is easy to hide, my .45 isn't always easy to keep out of sight.

ddmoit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    St. Joseph, Michigan
    I'm sure a lot of folks have opted not to buy it (or want to buy it but can't find any). Others are paying the going rate because, well, it's the going rate.

I have heard that .380 ammo is in particularly short supply because it is manufactured on the same line as 9mm. Since ammo makers cannot make sufficient supplies of either, they have shorted .380.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Plus 10mm or 45 acp doesn't fit in my .380 pistol!!!!!

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

This is ONE of the reasons I sold my LCP; it wasn't 'fun enough' to shoot for the price/availability of ammo.

But some people won't sell their guns just because of "lack of ammo" - as they bought their guns long before this ammo shortage.

Others, such as I, are currently buying based on what's available and what I have stockpiled. My last 2 gun purchases were 9mm, and my next 2 are another 9mm and a 40S&W.

Different strokes for different folks I guess :dunno:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

Because I have to have something to shoot out of my LCP.;)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i have a new p3at that i would like to break-in a bit more, so i am willing to pay a little extra for .380, but im not paying the ridiculous prices that some people are asking

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    What shortage? Yeah it's "harder" to find than the rest but still possible. It's also not toooo expensive.

I've got all the below in the last couple weeks:

250 rnds Remington Green box = $100
    200 rnds Prvi Partizan = $66
    50 rnds Blazer = $15
    40 rnds BB +P = $66 (ouch...first rounds bought...didn't know any better)
    25 rnds Hornady CD = $20 (kinda expensive but carry rounds)
    20 rnds PMC Starfire = $20 (kinda expensive but carry rounds)

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I keep threatening to buy a set of dies for it and be done, but I'm not really excited about the prospect of spending the money on a Dillon conversion kit and such for a round that I don't really shoot all that much.

It could be a fun little guy to reload for though.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    What shortage? Yeah it's "harder" to find than the rest but still possible. It's also not toooo expensive.

I've got all the below in the last couple weeks:

250 rnds Remington Green box = $100
    200 rnds Prvi Partizan = $66
    50 rnds Blazer = $15
    40 rnds BB +P = $66 (ouch...first rounds bought...didn't know any better)
    25 rnds Hornady CD = $20 (kinda expensive but carry rounds)
    20 rnds PMC Starfire = $20 (kinda expensive but carry rounds)

I don't think anyone would dispute the word "shortage" when it comes to ammo.

I, too, have found a ton of ammo lately, but not for the prices I paid last year. At least most of it has been a little higher.

eliteimagery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Elkhart, IN
    This is ONE of the reasons I sold my LCP; it wasn't 'fun enough' to shoot for the price/availability of ammo.

But some people won't sell their guns just because of "lack of ammo" - as they bought their guns long before this ammo shortage.

Others, such as I, are currently buying based on what's available and what I have stockpiled. My last 2 gun purchases were 9mm, and my next 2 are another 9mm and a 40S&W.

Different strokes for different folks I guess :dunno:
    I opted out of buying a LCP, and got a Sigma 40 Cal because of it. I was quoted at $45 for a box of fifty and I said NO THANKS!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Very simple answer. If you have a .380 pistol and want to shoot it, you need ammo. If ammo costs $30/box, you pay it. If you need the $30 for something else, you don't buy the ammo.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've put enough ammo in my guns to know that they will function when I need them. After that, a carry piece does not need so much ammo to go target shooting much.

.32 and .380 are hard to find in cheap ammo. So, Keep enough for carrying a reload. 9mm can be had in enough quantities to go shoot them up. And/or reload, too.

Top Bottom