• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    just wondering why i am the way i am?i have traded 3 very fine guns in the past 6 days.started out with a beretta .22,S&W 22 revolver,taurus 44 mag,now looking to trade my G26.why cant i keep anything?why cant i keep anything.all i want to do is trade.is this some sort of OCD??????just wondering if anyone else has this problem..PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME I AM NOT ALONE.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    its because your interest is bigger than your wallet. I cant tell you the amount of times i have said "what i have is all that i need" but my interest in firearms is huge and i keep trying to find ways to get more. Now i keep telling myself i need a reproduction kentucky long rifle. I dont know why but i just feel i need more. I feel like i need more reloading components, More food, more spare parts and so on because i dont think it will be plentiful forever.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    It is a disease. The only cure it to give me all the guns you have now and any you buy in the future so you don't have anything to trade with. :D

Let me know if I can help out in any other way.

Seriously, it seems you are very impulsive and perhaps need to build in some self-control. Perhaps you should impose a 24-48 hour "cooling off" period on yourself to take time to think if you truly want/need what ever it is you are considering buying/trading. I've done this in the past and decided I don't really need whatever it is.

Just a suggestion.

Also, if you are married and this costs you money, this could turn into a REAL problem for the spouse.

Of course, if you are not losing any money in any of the deals, is it truly a problem? It might be a good way to try a lot of firearms out without dishing out a lot of money.

I seem to remember a news story where a guy used eBay to get himself enough money to buy a house simply by buying and selling things online.

jbrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Gas City, IN
    this happens because we are guys, we get distracted by shiney objects and boobs. I fight the urge all the time not to trade. Took me a long time to get what i got, i would like to hang on to it for a while.

a1gunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Trade??? Hmmm... I can't seem to let one go once I get it in my hand. I just keep adding to the pile. Must be a difference disease...

Proud father of a United States Airman
    NRA Patron Life Member

Last edited:

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I rarely trade, and I mean rarely. I like what I own, and if I want something new I'll save for it. My Dad however is always trading.

++++++1
    I've always regretted getting rid of a firearm...except that POS Taurus 605. I actually bought back my 870 from the guy I sold it to.

I am gonna get rid of one of my two King Cobra's and I bet I'll regret it afterward but I just can't justify having both of them.

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Never sell, only buy more. :) I considered trading but know i'd regret it. I'd like to be 50 and still have the guns I bought when I was 19. Now that's cool.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The thrill is in the hunt not in owning.

I got to agree with this. I keep the ones i know i dont want to get rid of unless of some unforseen circumstances, but i also have 1 or 2 i just trade around until i just get that perfect fit.

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Its a hella desease! I traded a PT1911 for a Dan Wesson 357 w/a 15" barrel Friday ( yesterday ) . Text a pic of it to a friend he shot me a text back asking did I want to sell it . Long story short , Ill be trading it to him for a S&W 629 w/the port tomorrow. Then once thats final , Ill be selling my S&W 629 w/o the port to buy another gun. Its rough out here but somebodies gotta to do it !

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    For the last few years I have been plagued by the gun buying disease. While exciting and heck of alot of fun it can be a rather expensive illness. After losing my real job because of an injury, I've been trying to start my own remodeling business. With the unstable economy and my lack of business skill it has yet to be a profitable adventure. I have had to curb my gun buying practices to some extent. So to fill the void I have begun the practice of trading. While it is fun, it 's not quite the same as buying and "Keeping." But I guess it is still better than the scenario that I hope it never comes to. The hobby of having to sell them all.

Top Bottom