• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks, VU :)

Hoosier -- one of those folks that traded their LCP for the LC9 did so mostly because they wanted the safety junk :) He also wanted the extra grip size, as his hands were just too big for the LCP. But WOW... if the 9 has a longer trigger pull than the LCP, that's gotta be awfully looooooong! I haven't handled one yet myself.

Another thing I didn't like about it is that the trigger locks up if the magazine is removed. I don't like a pistol meant to save my life having a feature that disables it in any way, period. It should fire if I pull the trigger and there is a round in the chamber.....no matter what. Magazine disconnects and manual safeties are just extra parts waiting to fail or get accidentally activated when I'm trying to stay alive in a highly stressful situation.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Thanks folks.

I believe in proper shot placement, and I do not find the long trigger pull to be a hindrance as long as it's slicked up (easy enough to do).

The LC9... man, that would be attractive if it were the size and weight of the LCP. But alas, I think they are limited by manufacturing materials.

Josh

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Not sure why but I hope to snag one up to replace a Kel Tec I wish I hadn't sold. Just too easy to carry in shorts on a nice hot day.

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    My LCP will never be sold..in fact it is going to the wife now that she has gotten her lifetime carry permit, unless she decides on the LCR for purse carry, her decision. The small LC9 is a wonderful gun (held one) and will have one very soon, I am on the list, so to speak.

Carpenter

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Clinton, In
    I keep buying in the wrong order, love 1911's, think you could carry one if dedicated, have a speed six and a p95, finally got a gun I could hide! An lcp! Love it, want the long trigger pull, too easy to pop off a round w/ single action by mistake in stressful situation.

Top Bottom