• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Hello,

I am wondering why I'm seeing so many Ruger LCP pistols for sale?

I found mine wanting in a few areas, but fixed what I could. I traded it to get started in muzzleloading, and now I want another as I figured out how to improve the rest of the package to my liking.

I'm seeing a lot of them up on the WTS/WTT classifieds, and I know I'll end up with one. Just sorta' wondering why folks are displeased with them?

Thanks,

Josh

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My mother uses one as her EDC, she loves to shoot it. It's small, minimal pocket print if any, and a solid functioning gun. Me on the other hand, it's just way too small for my large hands. Especially with that super long pull. Maybe alot of other guys are in the same boat? Get one with good intentions and decide it isn't for them. Or have unrealistic expectations for the accuracy of such a firearm.

I think they are great for certain people. Even though it's not the most comfortable gun for me, I would still probably pick one up for a backup or for extra discrete carry if I came into a great deal. I think it's something people should rent / borrow prior to purchasing.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I would guess that many folks liked the idea of them but once they got it to the range they changed their minds.

Probably this. The LCP is really attractive to new shooters, due to its size and weight. It is, however, probably the last pistol a new shooter will be able to shoot well, due to the long DA trigger, small grip and dinky sights.

I never have to look long to find a used Airweight .38 locally either, probably for the same reason.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Probably this. The LCP is really attractive to new shooters, due to its size and weight. It is, however, probably the last pistol a new shooter will be able to shoot well, due to the long DA trigger, small grip and dinky sights.

I never have to look long to find a used Airweight .38 locally either, probably for the same reason.
    This. The "I want something small and simple" mentality doesn't work when people don't realize the recoil those little guys are packin'.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    First, there are so many LCPs out there, you are bound to see many for sale. Ruger still sells them like hotcakes.

Secondly, I think all of the reasons listed above are part of it.

I know this, I love mine and am planning on keeping it. I don't think there is a better pocket pistol, all things considered, especially size and weight. It is NOT, however, a fun gun to shoot, compared to the others I have. (Not that it is not fun, just comparatively speaking.)

Mine has also been 100% reliable, with no failures of any kind.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hello,

I found mine wanting in a few areas, but fixed what I could. I traded it to get started in muzzleloading, and now I want another as I figured out how to improve the rest of the package to my liking.

I'm seeing a lot of them up on the WTS/WTT classifieds, and I know I'll end up with one. Just sorta' wondering why folks are displeased with them?

Thanks,

Josh

Welcome back Buttercup! All that drama and soap box preaching and you're gone less than a week. How do you show your face after that. Oh wait you're just a handle so no one knows who you are. That's why. Same reason you can threatened me and called me a liar and make up facts because you can't be identified. Hopefully, in your week away which mattered to absolutely no one, you learned how to behave on a public internet forum.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Welcome back Buttercup! All that drama and soap box preaching and you're gone less than a week. How do you show your face after that. Oh wait you're just a handle so no one knows who you are. That's why. Same reason you can threatened me and called me a liar and make up facts because you can't be identified. Hopefully, in your week away which mattered to absolutely no one, you learned how to behave on a public internet forum.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
    I was waiting for this.......

:popcorn::popcorn::rockwoot::popcorn::popcorn::rockwoot:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Do NOT bring that other thread into this one. This is your warning. Any more derailments and you'll be on vacation from INGO for a while.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011

I was waiting for this.......

:popcorn::popcorn::rockwoot::popcorn::popcorn::rockwoot:

ThreadDerailed.jpg

You knew it had to happen. :D

(I posted this while VUPD was posting his warning. No offense meant...just pointing out the "derailment.")

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Hello,

Hi Josh! I'm guessing, like the others, that the LC9 has alot to do with it. I know a couple people who sold their LCPs and bought an LC9, as they had really wanted the LC9 when they bought their LCP but it didn't exist yet :)

Also, I really thought it would be easier to shoot. Because it's small and light, people may think (like I did) that it would be a great first handgun. I now know it is NOT a great first handgun. Not for me anyway. Most people I have heard say it's "easy to shoot" are more experienced shooters with a good foundation in the fundamentals of shooting I think.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Also, I really thought it would be easier to shoot. Because it's small and light, people may think (like I did) that it would be a great first handgun. I now know it is NOT a great first handgun. Not for me anyway. Most people I have heard say it's "easy to shoot" are more experienced shooters with a good foundation in the fundamentals of shooting I think.

Agreed and rep'd! I liken this to the guy who gets his never before been shooting wife/gf/sister/mother to buy an airweight .38 to carry in her purse. Nothing better to scare someone away from carrying/shooting than starting them off with a gun that is horribly uncomfortable to shoot. :twocents:

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Hi Josh! I'm guessing, like the others, that the LC9 has alot to do with it. I know a couple people who sold their LCPs and bought an LC9, as they had really wanted the LC9 when they bought their LCP but it didn't exist yet :)

I handled an LC9 the other day, and I have to say, I really wasn't that impressed. The trigger pull was not nearly as good as the LCP, it seemed to be a mile long, only breaking at the very rear of the travel. It's quite a bit larger than the LCP, and quite a bit heavier as well. A PF-9 would work much better in the pocket, being several ounces lighter. It also doesn't have the unnecessary "safety" junk on it.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I have the KelTec .380 that is fine for a BUG but too small for me but it carries well in both an ankle holster and a small IB holster, worn at 2:oclock, it doesn't print, even under a tee shirt. My carry weapon of choice is the Kimber 3 in .45. My wife thinks the KelTec is "cute",so a few more days of range time, and after she receives her LTCH, I plan to give it to her.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Thanks, VU :)

Hoosier -- one of those folks that traded their LCP for the LC9 did so mostly because they wanted the safety junk :) He also wanted the extra grip size, as his hands were just too big for the LCP. But WOW... if the 9 has a longer trigger pull than the LCP, that's gotta be awfully looooooong! I haven't handled one yet myself.

Top Bottom