• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All guns are always loaded.

Say it and you'll start a fist fight on INGO because Four Rules are old and busted, because my new way is the one true way, inter alia.

Why does it matter? Because we are not alone in the world. It is not just "me, me, me, me, me".

We need to realize that we are not alone and how we handle firearms reflects on us all. A subculture regulates itself or it is regulated from the outside.

Pa. trooper's pregnant wife dies in accidental shooting

1. The Four Rules always apply.

2. Get a sand barrel and stop waving guns around.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks for the reminder Kirk. The idea that a gun can be unloaded is step 1 in the 'How to have a negligent discharge' playbook.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The political consequences are reduced as the person who thought that all guns are not always loaded here drips with qualified immunity, however, I would not want to pay the mortgage and interest on shooting a pregnant wife because I thought the Four Rules were old and busted!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Of course all guns are always loaded, but I wonder who the first person was to think that designing a gun that required you to pull the trigger to disassemble it was a good idea.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Complacency has killed a lot of people. I make it a point to never unload my gun unless I plan on target shooting or cleaning it. No exceptions.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I just posted a thread about a guy who recently shot a large hole in his hand because he did not clear his weapon first. He dropped the mag then pulled the trigger to disassemble the gun for cleaning. He had apparently grown up with and used guns his whole life. Just goes to show that rule #1 is #1 for a good reason.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    All guns are always loaded.

Say it and you'll start a fist fight on INGO because Four Rules are old and busted, because my new way is the one true way, inter alia...

Nonsense. That first rule is the only thing old and busted, and ignoring it or ditching it altogether will never cause a tragedy.

Violation of the other 3 is always the cause of these negligent tragedies. Always.

Why all the focus on the old busted nonsense when a real rule was violated? It was not pointed in a safe direction.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The political consequences are reduced as the person who thought that all guns are not always loaded here drips with qualified immunity, however, I would not want to pay the mortgage and interest on shooting a pregnant wife because I thought the Four Rules were old and busted!

How does qualified immunity enter into an accidental shooting while cleaning a gun, and presumably not engaged in an official action?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Of course all guns are always loaded, but I wonder who the first person was to think that designing a gun that required you to pull the trigger to disassemble it was a good idea.

Could be worse.

Could require depressing a lever and pulling the trigger to decock.
    [video=youtube;RxmOamgrVMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxmOamgrVMo[/video]

I don't have an issue with pulling the trigger to disassemble. If you don't have a safe direction to point your firearms, you need to invest in a sand barrel.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Simple,cheap insurance.

Homemade clearing barrel.

Laundryroomtoreloadingroom156_zps32f9fa7f.jpg

45_zps97d06f1d.jpg

And my assistant confirming that it is indeed unloaded and clear prior to proceeding. :)

Glocks05001-1_zps2fe4dbca.jpg

Top Bottom