• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Step right up, people!

Mr. Chet had a terrible experience at an indoor range in Evanstucky and is now, rightfully so, a bit "gun shy".

If I were there, I'd volunteer! But I moved away in '01 when I graduated from USI.

-J-

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Hi! I'm from E-ville and am a member of WSSC.

There's folks here from Evansville who will be glad to help!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Oooohh..... fer Pete's sake. Where's Printcraft when you need him?? Seriously, sorry about that experience. Not a good start. But, Chet, if you're tuned in, one of these guys will help you out. And it will be better.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    yeah i know which indoor range here you didnt like..i dont go there im a member up at the red brush, and probably WSSC soon since im going to be moving near st joe, its kinda cold out but any time is a good time to go shooting

chet wisner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Okay, so we have RedBrush (I assume there's a local group; where?), and WSSC, both of which I had to Google to find out about - GOOGLE is my friend!! I'll look into more about it.

Thanks, Greg, for the PM. I'll shoot you one back in a few :)

I took a look at our local Gander Mountain store earlier this evening, and I saw a couple of used guns I may be interested in. Right now, money is a bit tight, but I do want to get a good safe gun, and have a tendency to shy away from used guns, but I would think a store like GM would have a good rep.

I wasn't able to look too long, but the gentleman who was there (Jim, I think) was very helpful to me - definitely better than "that other place".

I didn't get to stay long enough to ask all my questions, but one of them would have been, when stores like these buy used guns, do they gunsmith them for defects before selling? I'd certainly think so... comments?

Thanks for all the replies, and I look forward to meeting my neighbors.

Chet

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Chet, Gander Mountain's prices are high. I would suggest shopping around before you make a decision.

So IN Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Evansville
    Chet, if you are really interested and want to see some (real) prices go to either Rajos guns on Franklin St. or Bucks & Jakes in Boonville Hwy 62. Both also have great reviews online since Google is your friend. :)

ngonerogwu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Evansville
    Dunno what side of town you're on, but I'd head on over to Red Ghost regardless (it may be a trip). That man will help you. Best customer service I've received in Evansville. Not the biggest selection, but great prices, and if you simply ask the guy that works there, he's super helpful.

Strictly is... not my favorite place... I've never bought anything but a PMAG from them, and I shouldn't have, they wanted double what they should go for.. live and learn.

I love going to Dave's Gun Shop in Holland. It's not close, about 45 minutes away, but they're got great customer service, and have a nice range.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Another redbrush member here (Red Brush Rifle Range). Chet, I see you are in contact with GregB. I also would volunteer to meet for some range time and could bring a variety of typical "first handgun" choices. I am thinking exposure to .22 LR revolvers and semi autos, couple of .38 revolvers, large frame .380, 9mm and a couple long guns would be fun.

Top Bottom