• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsnowy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Muncie
    So back in high school (several years ago), my brother and I lived out in the country with my parents. One particular Friday night I had some friends over in our basement watching a movie when my brother (16 at the time) comes stumbling down the stairs claiming that "someone is outside" and then runs back upstairs. My buddies and I all run upstairs and (instinctively) out the back, finally making our way to the front where we find my brother panting in the middle of the yard. Perhaps a little disappointed, we demand to know what had happened.

Apparently, my brother was headed to bed when he heard somebody trying to open the front door. He assumed that one of my friends had gotten locked out of the house and opened the door without turning on the porch light. Immediately some guy in a hooded sweatshirt punched him in the face. My brother was obviously shocked, but his instinct was to punch him back...and knocked him out in one swing. Still in shock, my brother kicks this guy and he doesn't budge. That's when he came downstairs to get backup. By the time my brother got back upstairs, the guy had gotten up and was running towards a car waiting for him at the end of the drive.

You can't make this stuff up! We were all a little disappointed that we weren't able to "detain" our intruder and have some fun with him, but my brother gained some instant respect from my buddies.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    You can't make this stuff up! We were all a little disappointed that we weren't able to "detain" our intruder and have some fun with him, but my brother gained some instant respect from my buddies.

I read this and went on to another thread but I came back because I just couldn't help myself. The statement I put in bold is RIDICULOUS! Me, I would be more than happy if somebody was leaving and no longer posed a threat to me. I wouldn't want to "have fun" with them, especially an adult vs. young kids. I just don't see how that would work out well. To each his own I suppose...

I am glad to hear no real harm was done and it all ended up well.

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    I wouldn't want to "have fun" with them, especially an adult vs. young kids. I just don't see how that would work out well. To each his own I suppose...
    I believe the OP was in HS at the time. You know, teens home alone having some fun with an intruder?

Teens don't always make the best decisions.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    It seemed to me like the OP's brother was in high school. Even if they were all grown men, "having fun" with an intruder just isn't prudent.

I know prudence is not a common trait among young people. It certainly was not one of my strong points at times.

jsnowy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Me, I would be more than happy if somebody was leaving and no longer posed a threat to me.

Oh absolutely! We were all teenagers, young and foolish to be sure.

My brother is going to school in Florida now...over the weekend one of his roommates left their door unlocked and a drunk stumbled in and started making a racket. My bro grabbed his glock and strongly encouraged the intruder to leave. The guy couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I'm so proud that my brother kept his head and stayed cool. (This is what reminded me of the more comical story)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I read this and went on to another thread but I came back because I just couldn't help myself. The statement I put in bold is RIDICULOUS! Me, I would be more than happy if somebody was leaving and no longer posed a threat to me. I wouldn't want to "have fun" with them, especially an adult vs. young kids. I just don't see how that would work out well. To each his own I suppose...

I am glad to hear no real harm was done and it all ended up well.

He was in HS, who cares? They were stupid kids and the guy deserved a beating anyway. For an adult to say that would be ridiculous.

Ah, the good ol days.

I would imagine theres quite a few stories that could added to this thread.

I may or may not have a story or two...I'm NOT repeating them though.:):

Top Bottom