• ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Got my first carry gun this week, Taurus 617SS .:rockwoot:

I've shot/hunted with handguns for as long as i can remember, but never had the urge to carry untill recently. I was wanting some opinions on a good, comfortable IWB holster.

I've done some looking, but can't seem to find very many for my gun. Ebay has an Ultimate IWB Ambi Gun Holster for it that looks like what i'm after. Does anyone have one of these holsters? And if so do you like it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Whoaaa, he we go!

Several postings will promote CrossBreed and kholster -- both fine products. Do a search but I think Crossbreed is Crossbreed Holsters > Home and the second site is Kholster

Other good holsters will also be mentioned. Take your time. Check 'em out.

I've checked out both of their sites, and it doesn't look like they make one for the 617. :facepalm: Love the gun, but can't seem to find much for it. :dunno:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Best IWB holster made has to be The Milt Sparks Versa Max II but I don't know if they make one for your gun, and they are about a 9 month wait right now.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've checked out both of their sites, and it doesn't look like they make one for the 617. :facepalm: Love the gun, but can't seem to find much for it. :dunno:

Cross Breed makes a holster for you. The problem is that gun makers can have multiple number designations what is essentially the same gun. Your Taurus 617 revolver is going to fit a holster that is designed for the Taurus Models 85, 650, 605, 851, 731, etc etc. All of those guns use the same frame and same size cylinder so holster for them are interchangeable.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Cross Breed makes a holster for you. The problem is that gun makers can have multiple number designations what is essentially the same gun. Your Taurus 617 revolver is going to fit a holster that is designed for the Taurus Models 85, 650, 605, 851, 731, etc etc. All of those guns use the same frame and same size cylinder so holster for them are interchangeable.

Those are Taurus's "small frame revolvers" the 617 is a "compact frame".

I need one for a 445,450,617 or 817.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I couldn't find one for your exact model but Don Hume does make some IWB for revolvers.

I just recieved my holster yesterday, it had a 6 week backorder.(for a different gun) It's my second one and they wear very well.

That's my holster of choice

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    :+1:for Supertuck. I have 1 for my XD 45c. It disappears in that holster. I need to get one for my Glock 26 next.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Another vote for crossbreed. If I can wear a 229 all day on my chubby short butt, and ACTUALLY FORGET IT'S THERE, I'd say that's a pretty comfortable holster. And they will make one that will fit your gun. If they don't have the model, they'll get one at no extra cost to you. Solid, and they do back 'em up.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I don't have a lot of experience with expensive ITW holsters but I did order a Kholster a few months back and have been very happy with it. I believe they say on the website ( Kholster ) your gun may not be listed but they will make it. they are running a special right now that started April 1.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Another great IWB holster is Tucker Gunleather Revolver Texas Heritage, I have several of Tucker's holsters and let me say his quality is second to none. There is a 2 1/2 month wait time (but you will be very happy when you get it) and I checked they make the leather IWB for Taurus 617 models.

Revolver Texas Heritage IWB <<<< click

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    My favorite IWB is an Alessi Dual Talon, which they don't list anymore. See them on Ebay, and the gun auction sites sometimes. Holds my PM tight & close, and conceals easily on my bony frame.

Top Bottom