• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Saw a story on the news earlier, I think Channel 8, bus driver found a loaded revolver in the middle of the road close to Cathedral High School !!!:eek:

Probably thrown from a passing car, WOW, good thing kids didn't come across it !!

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    what would the finders-keepers rule be with that? If nobody claimed it from PD and it was CLEAN, would the police return it to the finder if they wanted it? Can't image they would, but that would be cool.

Kind of like an arrow head collection. I found this one....trying to cross the road.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Was it .25" long and belong to one of those terrorist Lego characters? I bet you he was trying to sneak into the school!

Seriously, it is good that it was found by an honest citizen.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    ? Why would a cop leave a gun lying around?
    Because I saw it on the news before I posted it :D...............my guess was it fell from a cop car after directing traffic there.

Turns out it was auctioned off 20 years ago. Lots of trouble not far from there, was likely just tossed there. Big city life, gotta love it. Not too long ago I was showing my teenage daughter right there how road rage goes from idiots in cars to a fight.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    what would the finders-keepers rule be with that? If nobody claimed it from PD and it was CLEAN, would the police return it to the finder if they wanted it? Can't image they would, but that would be cool.

Kind of like an arrow head collection. I found this one....trying to cross the road.
    I heard a story once where that was exactly what happened. It supposedly happened here in the Indy area. Anyone else who listens to Garrison in the morning might remember this was call a year or so back......

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Because I saw it on the news before I posted it :D...............my guess was it fell from a cop car after directing traffic there.

Turns out it was auctioned off 20 years ago. Lots of trouble not far from there, was likely just tossed there. Big city life, gotta love it. Not too long ago I was showing my teenage daughter right there how road rage goes from idiots in cars to a fight.

Yeah later they said it was an old police service revolver. Had been taken outta service and auctioned off. I was also curious about the finders keepers rule. I wouldn't want to keep it without reporting, maybe it was used in a murder?? But if nobody came back and claimed it, and it was "clean" would the police give it back to the busdriver?? I"m betting the busdriver would have to jump through hoops to get it back if he/she wanted it

Top Bottom