• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I am currently looking a possible suppressor for my patrol rifle. I have been looking at AAC because I have heard nothing but great things about their silencers and breaks. I just have a one question. The website says that these QD suppressors are 1.5" in diameter. But I'm just curious if that width included the QD button as well? I'm looking at an 8.5" 300 Blackout Noveske barrel and either of these suppressors. I am wanting to to run my handguard over the suppressor and most free float rails I've seen have an inner diameter of 1.5" but before I buy and drop the cash I would like to know the diameter with the button included. So for you guys that do own either of these suppressors could you do me a favor and measure that for me? Thanks in advance

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    What rail(s) are you looking at? I can tell you it will fit under a Seekins MCSR[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] rail ([/FONT]Seekins Precision) or a Seekins/Spikes BAR, a Troy Alpha, or a JP/VTAC. It's not going to go under an NSR, LaRue, Geissele...

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Thank you so much!! I was actually looking at the Seekins MCSR V2 Keymod and the Rainier Arms Evolution Rainier Arms Evolution both in either 10" if I get the Mini7 or 12" if I get the SDN6.

I'd go with the Seekins; actually I did go with the MCSR. The Rainier looks like it clamps on like a Troy Alpha, which I have but don't care for... it never rotated on me but I was always worried about stripping the threads when I tightened it. But an SDN-6 will 100% most definitely absolutely positively fit under an MCSR V2. ;-)

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I really do appreciate your help! Just made my decision a lot easier and confirmed the type of rail I want! Now I just have to figure out what kind of host rifle I want to put these on! I'll probably just buy a base model BCM and put my own stuff on it.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    I really do appreciate your help! Just made my decision a lot easier and confirmed the type of rail I want! Now I just have to figure out what kind of host rifle I want to put these on! I'll probably just buy a base model BCM and put my own stuff on it.

Just remember that when you bury that suppressor under a rail, you have to be able to depress the button to remove it. Just an observation... Straight up threaded, direct mount cans would be a better option for this setup(end of can under rail)

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Here's a Seekins 10" MCSR upper with a Noveske 11.2" 300BLK barrel and a SDN-6. AS you can see, an SDN-6 will fit under it. In fact, Seekins uses an SDN-6 in their beauty shoots on their site.

In an earlier configuration with a Troy Alpha. I had thought that an SDN-6 would fit under an Alpha; I'm not so sure after looking at these pictures.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Just remember that when you bury that suppressor under a rail, you have to be able to depress the button to remove it. Just an observation... Straight up threaded, direct mount cans would be a better option for this setup(end of can under rail)

Most of the rails I am looking at have large enough cuts in the rail that I don't think taking the suppressor off will be a big deal. Notice this rail (Seekins Precision) has large diagonal cuts. I'm guessing those are there for when you press the button you will be able to hold it down and disconnect the suppressor. And with AAC 51t mounts I think it'll come off pretty easily. Does anybody else think that might work?

Here's a Seekins 10" MCSR upper with a Noveske 11.2" 300BLK barrel and a SDN-6. AS you can see, an SDN-6 will fit under it. In fact, Seekins uses an SDN-6 in their beauty shoots on their site.

You have all the answers! My wanna be setup is like most of your builds!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Seekins says it will work, but I'm not a fan of slipping a suppressor under a rail from a practical standpoint It looks bada$$, but I chose the SDN-6 so that I can put it on different hosts and I swap it around a lot (5.56, 300blk, 308).

If you look at the first pic, the locking tab is at 12 o'clock which would be the absolute hardest place to get at... especially when you're dealing with a 300+ degree chunk of metal. You could probably use a shim to clock the mount so the tab ended up in a different place, but you're still left with controlling the weapon with one hand, depressing the tab with some sort of tool with the other hand, and then unscrewing the (blazing hot) suppressor with ??? I don't know about you, but I'm fresh out of hands after step two. ;-)

Then there's the issue of firing the weapon w/o the suppressor... you'd better have a handstop!

ETA: Your mount may organically end up clocking the release tab somewhere else, mine are all over the place.

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've got an SDN-6 currently waiting on me in NFA purgatory, and need to get my rifles setup for it. My 556 AR SBR has a 10.5" barrel with a Noveske KX3 on the end, stuffed down inside a 13" Spikes SAR rail. I'm debating on going with a shorter rail, particularly a fixed A2 front sight and carbine length Larue rail. But the same length BAR rail and the suppressor stuffed down inside would look super bad ass.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    Yes it will definitely work as far as the fit. I'm actually considering this same rail but for a different can set up. Back to the SDN-6... The cutouts in this rail are probably large enough to access the SDN's disconnect switch, but you will have to move from cutout to cutout to keep the switch depressed until it disengages the 51 tooth portion of the adapter. After that it will just spin off. Great rail choice brother. Send pics when she's built

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    Seekins says it will work, but I'm not a fan of slipping a suppressor under a rail from a practical standpoint It looks bada$$, but I chose the SDN-6 so that I can put it on different hosts and I swap it around a lot (5.56, 300blk, 308).

If you look at the first pic, the locking tab is at 12 o'clock which would be the absolute hardest place to get at... especially when you're dealing with a 300+ degree chunk of metal. You could probably use a shim to clock the mount so the tab ended up in a different place, but you're still left with controlling the weapon with one hand, depressing the tab with some sort of tool with the other hand, and then unscrewing the (blazing hot) suppressor with ??? I don't know about you, but I'm fresh out of hands after step two. ;-)

Then there's the issue of firing the weapon w/o the suppressor... you'd better have a handstop!

ETA: Your mount may organically end up clocking the release tab somewhere else, mine are all over the place.

Here's exactly why I a fan of direct mount cans when burying them under a rail. The set up does look bad ass but comes with a price for QD cans

Top Bottom