• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I picked up one locally this week. When in place, there is a lot of wobble. Is that normal?

I just went to Applied Ballistics and ran two full mags through it. It functioned flawlessly. :D Just wondering if anyone else has a lot of wobble with theirs.

Thanks!

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I have 2 of these mags for my 10/22 and both have some wobble. Haven't had any issues at all with reliability. Wobble is minimal, but is it there. Watched several YouTube reviews and this is mentioned in most of them, again with no problems. I think it's just the nature of the beast. Good luck.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    320797_256031761112597_100001173252070_678374_202055047_n.jpg

Its one of those rustic names. SHOOTERS Ridge is it.

Its a tad lose buts feels secure in the mag well. If noise was an issue im guessing a little electrical tape would tighten up tolerances and quiet the rattling.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really do like how it doesn't come down very far. (I hate the 40rnd mag on my ak for the same reason) The 30rnd mag is jjjust long enough to be a handle and iirc was cheaper than the Ruger mag. Wish it wasn't all clear, don't like rabbits known when im gonna switch out mags

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    As long as it's reliable I don't think I'd worry about sending it back (reliability trumps any quirks AFAIC). I've got ak mags and mags for my PTR rifle that have plenty of side to side play and yet they all function flawlessly.

stack23

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    i shoot nothing but bx-25's in my 10/22, they function flawlessly.. i did have wobble before i installed the archangel kit, now theres no wobble at all

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Bought 2 (also from Bradis) and they fit tight in my Sr22.

I have had some issues with 1 of them - have actually had to take it apart 2x to reset the spring (resulting in feed issues) - may contact Ruger about that...

the other one has been flawless.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    As long as it's reliable I don't think I'd worry about sending it back (reliability trumps any quirks AFAIC). I've got ak mags and mags for my PTR rifle that have plenty of side to side play and yet they all function flawlessly.

That's what I've decided. I checked my factory 10 rounders, and they have a little bit of wobble is well. Just never noticed it before. I'm going to keep the BX-25. My luck, it would be replaced with one that would be unreliable. :D

Thanks to all that replied. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom