Who else is frustrated with Palmetto State Armory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Here's a couple of my beefs with these dudes:

There website is jacked. Most of the items are out of stock even though prominently displayed on the front page with large banners pointing you to the category.

AR-15 Barrel Clearance - Barrels & Barrel Assemblies - Upper Parts - AR-15

Also, items are in stock but when you try to add to cart then you get weird error messages.
    AR-15 Complete Bolt Assembly

I have spent nearly 7k at palmetto over the past four years give or take a few hundred and they just deleted my profile. What kind of company deletes their customer lists?

Why is shipping time three weeks--at anytime of the year? Aren't they growing and adding staff? It's just the weirdest business ever but I still go there only for the prices.

My friend ordered a lower from them and they sent him a complete upper. They never corrected the error and my friend just kept it as they said they were gonna send him a new lower.

My other friend ordered a upper and got it but it was missing the vortex optic which the manager said "its in my hand and I am shipping today"....it came three weeks later.

Buying from Palmetto is a weird experience because you just can't understand them. You get a shipping label by email that says your item has been received in New Jersey (or somewhere not your address) then three days it actually ships with one of the items you ordered and then they ship your firing pin in a separate shipment with cost of shipping equal to the cost of the firing pin. That's just dumb.

I think that they are an honest company but I think it's ran by those guys over at Duck Commander-just chaos and weird dumb business practices.

What do you guys think?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I won't do business with them, way too many stories like yours. For some, it's worth the risk to save a few bucks, my time is too valuable.

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    Shipping is a bit slow, but I've had good luck with them. Killer prices and FN-made barrels (on the PSA uppers) make the quirks worth it.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've never had a single problem with them. Dozens and dozens of orders, several thousand $. All orders were received about 14 days after placing the order.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    My only problem with PSA is that I spend too much money there. Their shipping is sometimes slow and I have received an incomplete shipment from them before, but one email fixed that.

Matter of fact, I bought two cases of brass cased 5.56 from them last week @ .336 per round including shipping. UPS shows that the ammo would have been here yesterday, but blizzard.

The way I look at it, they have really good deals on legit products and they are not a bunch of dicks who sell ar parts grudgingly but would rather be selling duck guns. Their picking and shipping quality control is not perfect, but their customer service fixes the problems without a bunch of drama. Others might have had different experiences with them, but I have spent some money there in the past few years and have been pleased with my experience.

PSA is one of the sites I check every single day for deals.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    That's just it. Super high quality @ great prices. I think it's definitely worth the hassle. I've had good experience with them. They're good people. I know what you mean though, most their stuff is 'temporarily out of stock' lately.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've had good luck with them for the most part. The only issue I ever had was a LPK that came missing the trigger guard.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Other than slow shipping, I'm very pleased with the transactions I've had with PSA. I know before placing an order there is going to be a significant wait, but for the amount I am saving, it's well worth it.

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I've ord from them twice with issues both times. the first time they shipped a fde moe lpk in a box for black which is what I ordered. The second time I ordered a scope/mount combo and the mount came in 2 weeks, scope in 6.

I hate to say it but with their prices I will order from them again.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I've ordered from them quite a bit and other than ship times I've never had a problem. With them deleating your profile it happened to everyone. On the order finalizing page it says they upgraded their server and everyone has to set up a new account. It's not just you.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i know ..i read that too...i dont hate palmetto...its just that their practices and priorities frustrate me
    I've ordered from them quite a bit and other than ship times I've never had a problem. With them deleating your profile it happened to everyone. On the order finalizing page it says they upgraded their server and everyone has to set up a new account. It's not just you.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    Like you OP, I've done a ton of business with them. It's always a roll of the dice. Now that the market is becoming really soft I've found myself going elsewhere due to the high volume of deals. I went by their booth at the NRA convention and spoke to them. They seemed like nice folks. I've even had good luck getting mess ups fixed over the phone, but it normally takes 20 calls to get the phone bank to ring through to a person.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    All things i Agree with but many times i want to make a purchase but I think...do i want to wait three weeks to get it? sometimes obviously the answer is yes

If they were to hire more people to do customer service, and shipping the cost of running their business would go up. If the cost of running their business went up then their prices would go up. Its kind of one of those things where you can have fast shipping, and customer service, or you can have extra low prices, but you cant have both.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    They are just out of balance...i would gladly pay five/ten bucks more and get quicker, more reliable service..they are doing so much volume that a small price increase can make it better....
    If they were to hire more people to do customer service, and shipping the cost of running their business would go up. If the cost of running their business went up then their prices would go up. Its kind of one of those things where you can have fast shipping, and customer service, or you can have extra low prices, but you cant have both.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    right now you can get a shield for 339...i have almost purchased that and still may but i would like to get a little quicker...plus that fact i am in florida now and i dont know who to go with for an ffl down here yet

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I have no problem waiting for something for the price. If I want it fast I'll try Aim or somewhere else first.

They DO need to fix the website-back end integration issues with 'in-stock' then 'not available'. That is definitely a bad image and will create bad will with the purchasing community.

Remember when CDNN was 'phone only'? I stopped trying to do business with them because it was such a hassle. Getting their website 'live' to inventory brought me back.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom