Who else have gotten sick in the past few days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Monday was a minor cough. Tuesday made it halfway through work, between the coughing, sore throat, cold chills, then sweating, crappy sleep, I took Wednesday off. Thought I was okay to work today, feel better but still think I should have used a sick day.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Monday was a minor cough. Tuesday made it halfway through work, between the coughing, sore throat, cold chills, then sweating, crappy sleep, I took Wednesday off. Thought I was okay to work today, feel better but still think I should have used a sick day.[/QUOTE

This is a funny winter we've had here in IN.
    When you get the extreme temp changes like we've the past few weeks it's not hard to get a bug.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Between my wife, my daughter, and I... I think there have been 462 colds in our house in the last year.

-J-

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I have had some combination of cold, sinus infection, and bronchitus, non-stop since Thanksgiving... I attribute it to my son going to Daycare this year, and the fact we haven't had a good hard cold streak to kill off alot of the "bugs".

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    It started off as a sore scratchy throat, cough, runny nose, then it turned into a full blown chest infection. Coughing so much I pulled my back muscles. Really productive. Fever, sweating, then the past few days I've gotten over most of the coughing but still have a runny nose and slight cough/chest irritation and I've started feeling nauseous.

It's lasted maybe a week and a half for me.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Had dinner on Tuesday with Li'l Spas at Panda Express. By 8 - 9 pm, stomach hurts. Then by 2am or so, full on stomach flu of some sort. I was down pretty much all of Wednesday. I felt half better on Thursday and better today but my stomach still cramps but I feel better today.

Now, whether I got sick from something I ate or what, I don't know but it was definitely a stomach bug.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I attribute it to my son going to Daycare this year

My daughter's in an in-home daycare with 3-5 other tykes. Plus the sitter's family. Plus my wife's a middle school teacher.

The way I see it, our kids (just 1 daughter now) will have a nearly indestructible immune system. Just sucks getting to that point!

-J-

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Yup. Had it twice this winter. Chills then fever, constant nose running....just swell. A buddy of mine had it too. He thinks it's because the winter has been relatively warm. It's a theory.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Luckily I don't usually get sick. Usually at the first sign of congestion I take extra bioflavonoids (natural sinus pills) for the sinuses. If those don't quite get it I take OTC cold & flu sinus tabs to prevent the sinuses from draining into the lungs. Then I usually mix a packet of Emergen-C with 1,000mg of Vit C into warm water or juice once or twice a day until I feel better. For me it's all about preventing the bug from going any further.

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    This winter has been ridiculous. I've been sick about the last 4 weeks. Not seriously so, I was over the worst of it after a week. But the cough, the sinus drainage, the stuffy nose, keeps coming and going. I took a course of antibiotics to deal with the sinus infection, but this tickle in the back of my throat, and just feeling like 10 miles of bad road in the morning is getting OLD.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Been sick since the 1st mostly because college aged kids seem to still need mommy to wipe their butts, give them their medicine, remind them to not sneeze on everything around them because they're too stupid to cover their noses, and far too many don't seem to wash their hands often enough.

Top Bottom