• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    G2G here... Holding my breath hoping the temp repairs on the siding hold up to the weather. Still haven't completed the repairs from the fire, the ground on that side of the house is kind of a quagmire. I was hoping it would dry up a little, so it would be better footing for a ladder. I guess that's just wishful thinking....

you know all you have to do is let us know and we'll be there:yesway:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Daughter in Nappanee has been out for 3 hours so far. My part of Goshen is okay. Supposed to be a couple thousand without power here though.

It was wild, one minute its raining like hell the next minute these big ass snow flakes are coming down.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Holy crap, I can't believe I missed that.

2vsgkty.jpg

Hehe, I think a better title would be "Who has power?" :D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Just before we turned into our subdivision tonight, we saw a pretty blue glow light up the horizon. I said, "Oohhhh.. that was interesting lightning." (thinking: shouldn't the sky be green if we're having tornadoes, not blue?) Lars said, "Baby, that's not lightning. That's a power box blowing up." And then the sky went a pretty turquoise blue again. By then we were fully onto our street and no longer turning, and we watched all the lights on our street go out. He said, "See? No power." But it immediately came back on again. So whatever blew up was just enough to knock us out for about five seconds. We're right on the Noblesville/Fishers line.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Just before we turned into our subdivision tonight, we saw a pretty blue glow light up the horizon. I said, "Oohhhh.. that was interesting lightning." (thinking: shouldn't the sky be green if we're having tornadoes, not blue?) Lars said, "Baby, that's not lightning. That's a power box blowing up." And then the sky went a pretty turquoise blue again. By then we were fully onto our street and no longer turning, and we watched all the lights on our street go out. He said, "See? No power." But it immediately came back on again. So whatever blew up was just enough to knock us out for about five seconds. We're right on the Noblesville/Fishers line.

That was more than likely a line arching either from getting in contact with a tree or lines getting tangled together. It had enough of an arch to temporarily knock the power out for a bit and cycle a reclosure which will then re energize the line if the fault is clear. In other words it burnt itself clear.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm in Noblesville (around the lake), not Bloomington at this point, but yeah, we had a fair amount of flickers, but no outages.

We did have a chunk of a tree come down, so I get to find my chaps and pull out the Stihl. See, I may be back at my parent's house for right now, but I'm totally earning my keep!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I am replying to this thread via semaphore signals. I will answer my e-mails with a signal mirror if the sun stays out, otherwise it'll be smoke signals for me. Hello, hello is anybody out there?:D

Chrolle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Beech Grove
    After my horrible wal mart experience, we get home, barely get to eat, then the power goes out and as of 10 minutes ago, still, 66 of us in New Whiteland have no power. More than 14 hours and counting.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    It was real windy here but we didn't lose power. I see some shingles from the roof out in the yard so I will be doing a little roofing.

We have been thinking about getting one of those generators that kick on when power goes out and runs off of your natural gas or propane.They are pretty pricy though. That would be nice to have but we are debating if it would be worth the expense. I could buy alot of ammo for what those things cost.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It was real windy here but we didn't lose power. I see some shingles from the roof out in the yard so I will be doing a little roofing.

We have been thinking about getting one of those generators that kick on when power goes out and runs off of your natural gas or propane.They are pretty pricey though. That would be nice to have but we are debating if it would be worth the expense. I could buy alot of ammo for what those things cost.

The initial cost isn't holding me back it's the $$'s to feed the LPG to it for an extended time period. I've been fortunate since I've lived here that the longest has been just shy of 2 days. Neighbors have said that a week wo is possible and the longest was nearly 3 weeks from a long time ago

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Why don't any of these cool things happen to me?

I'm still waiting for the power to go out locally, so I can go over to my parents' with full canteens and an "I told you so!" (They have a 2qt canteen I gave them from a batch I got, that sits out in the travel trailer empty. Arrrrgh! Growing up, I only remember ever losing power for maybe 2 hours max.)

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I lost power too, and I loved it! :rockwoot: Not a flashlight in sight outside and then I HAVE to take out the trash, aka "I get to show off my "laser beams of death" flashlights. Good times, I like my flashlights. Fenix and others, though the brightest almost blinded me pointing the other way in my hallway. Dang! Reflection was bad enough, would not want it in my eyes lol. Even my little girl grabbed her headlamp that I had given her. Funny, the power went out and by the time I got my light out and went to her room she already had the light out and on. She had it under her bed handy, I was proud. :D I was loving it with no power, but I would have been cold eventually, so glad it was a pretty quick fix overall.

A down side is that two shingles apparently hit my car, one scratched my hood beyond a buffing out methinks, and even worse, one hit my windshield and scratched it! A perfect shingle size, just slid about 3/4 inch and scratching it. Sigh.

Top Bottom