• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Just happened to be reading the rules on the Whitewater Canal Trail in Franklin County. Runs between Metamora and Brookville. Looking down thru the list and lo and behold, there is the "firearms and hunting prohibited and bows and arrows". Trail property is a 501C3 entity. I'm guessing that there rules dont have the force of law but would it be a criminal trespass issue if discovered?. State parks fine and dandy for carry but not on a nature trail? I'd see be concealed and dont worry about it. Opinions???

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    In order for you to be trespassed, they would need to know that you were carrying and then verbally ask you to leave. If you didn't comply, then you could be trespassed. The sign means nothing in Indiana (Michigan is a different story). I would recommend you make sure it is covered up when around other people, and just go about your day enjoying the trails.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The US Army Corps of Engineers do control a damn in this area and might include the trail area also.. I hunt in areas with dams controlled by the Army Corps with areas you can't bring a firearm on the lands run by them which has had a push to remove this law over the years..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom