• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I would say Whittaker's. My brother went to Bud's and said that Whittaker's is much bigger. Whittaker's also has regained a lot of stock since the Obamaramma and even a lot of different stuff since then.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Whittakers

Whittakers (AKA The Temple of Gun Lust) would certainly be worth the trip even if it weren't near The Moonlite Bar B Q. Never been to Buds.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I have been to both and would suggest Whittakers. Whittakers is located in West Louisville, KY which is just east of Owensboro and not on the west side of Louisville. I am about 30 minutes away and I drive over once a month or so.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have been to both and would suggest Whittakers. Whittakers is located in West Louisville, KY which is just east of Owensboro and not on the west side of Louisville. I am about 30 minutes away and I drive over once a month or so.

Oh you know, I made a "run" there one weekend many years ago to pick up a carload of stuff for one of our local singing gundealers during a 1500 show. Very nice place.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    BTW the prices at Whittakers are very fair. Don't try to ask for a better price. They won't dicker.

Also along those lines, all prices are cash prices. If you whip out plastic, they add 3%.

And since they're no longer open on Sunday, Saturday is always crazy there. So many customers is seems like a gunshow.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've not been to either but would vote for Whittaker's because I've heard so much about it over the years. Bud's has just opened a much larger store and I will make it to both, one day.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Vincennes
    Whittakers have in the past allowed me to take a handgun with me as I live in Indiana. The requirement was to have a signed copy from the FFL holder the gun was to be transfered to and I was acting as an agent for the FFL holder.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    What a great place. I think I overheard them say that an Indiana dealer does transfers for $15.00 and picks up guns weekly. Well worth the trip

brainslushy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Warrick County
    Definitely Whittakers. Be aware...Darrel (however you spell it) the owner does not "bargain." But you can occasionally find a good deal there. They have the volume. Lots of volume. They do tons of sales. The owner is a good friendly guy though.

Top Bottom