• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    It's a sad day here in Evansville. Whirlpool just announced they will be closing mfg. buy June 2010 and sending the work to Mexico. 1100+ people will loose their jobs at Whirlpool alone. Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

James

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    ...to Mexico... I wonder if all these jobs going down there isn't to still create the bad dream of a American continent of Canada, Mexico and the US? The Amerodollar still a pipe dream or not?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Get rid of the stupid corporate taxation and the union demands and it's likely those folks would still have jobs. Then again, they may be planning for the imposition of cap and trade, which would cost them and their stockholders a fortune. At least this way all those folks who own stocks in them will still realise some profit for their 401K's.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    This will be bad for our community.thoughts and prayers to all affected.
    Hope my uncles are close enough to retirement

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Hmm...raising the cost to do business in this country during a recession...sounds like a great idea, huh? Guess the former employees of Whirlpool will just have to "Hope for Change."

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    WTH

Many jobs going to Mexico. Many Mexicans coming up here:dunno: Could that be because the good paying, safe, decent jobs that were here, once are in Mexico, are no longer good paying(no union),safe(no OSHA) decent(no EPA).:rolleyes: I agree the cap and trade is going to send a lot more jobs away:xmad:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Some people cut their own throats

It's a sad day here in Evansville. Whirlpool just announced they will be closing mfg. buy June 2010 and sending the work to Mexico. 1100+ people will loose their jobs at Whirlpool alone. Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

James

In the 90's I used to manage a company that made door foaming fixtures for this plant. I never seen so much sitting around on the lines, people had lounge chairs up there. Went there one time and the line was down for over an hour due to a power failure. Everyone was sitting around chatting or out somewheres doing who know what. The power finally got back on and everyone strolled back to their stations.

The line started up and it wasn't five minutes and everything stopped and the workers went on break. I said to myself this place is not long for this world but they outlasted my estimate. Reminded me of the UAW plants I used to service. We all know where the US auto industry is now. It is not a pay issue, it is union work rules and managers with no:bigballs: that are killing these companies. :twocents:

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I worked at this crap hole for about 4 months when I got out of the Army. I could not take it any longer than that. It was not because of the company but the union gave me more flak for trying to do a job. I never seen so many lazy, nonworking loafers in one place in my entire life.
    It doesn't surprise me at all in fact I thought it would be much sooner. Another company run out of the country by the restrictive unions.

I do feel bad for the some of the suppliers around here.

Top Bottom