• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I need some advise. I have some "mad money" and I have thought about buying a revolver. I am having trouble deciding between a Old style Ruger single six in .22/22 Mag. Or a Colt Peace Maker in .22. I am into long guns, but have never really been into hand guns, but always appreciated the western style revolvers. I will be shooting mostly paper targets with which ever I get. No hunting. So anyway please advise me. Thanks:dunno:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have both and enjoy both! The Colt has the 4 position hammer and total "western" feel, the Ruger has a 2 position hammer if it matters. I like both and shoot both a lot, pick whichever you like better or buy both! :D

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I've worked on "cowboy" guns for 12 years. If you want the name, buy the Colt. If you want a gun that will last forever, get the Ruger. You can use the Ruger as a hammer in the morning and shoot it in the afternoon.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have both but shoot the Rugers most. The Colt has been out of production a long time and if it breaks parts are hard to find. My Rugers are built to take a beating. My first one cost $54.00 new and I have the receipt. It has went through 1000's of rounds and shows holster wear but the barrel looks like the day I picked it up. My Rugers are all 3 screws so have the same 4 click as the Colt. Watch on the Ruger forum to find a good price on most .22 Rugers new or 3 screw.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I grew up shooting a Ruger Single Six with my father. I still remember shooting CB Shorts out in the woods with him haha.

He still has it and it stills looks like new. Ditto to everyone on the quality of the Ruger

Top Bottom