Which military branch is better to join in your opinion ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joegrunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Planning on Evansville
    Well I spent 20 years in the Army, 11B. My father was in the Army as well, so I knew the "right" questions to ask the recruiter, but even then he did not give me all the information. But that is besides the point, no matter what service one chooses, I applaud them. I can only speak for the Army side.

As for time off, it really depends on your job (MOS) or if you are on a "deployment" status. Some units give leave whenever you request it and some only when it has been "blocked" in. As for pay, well you do not get a lot, but most people make it if they know how to budget. I have known a few people who have saved a lot of money, but they were strict on themselves when it came to spending.

As for the other services, we all believe "ours" is the best, but without each other we would never be the force that we are.
    Okay, I am off my soap box.......for now.:cheers:

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    One thing is keep an open mind regarding any field you choose going in, don't have just one in mind and then if you don't end up in it think the military sucks. The military is what you make of it. JMO

+1 Dogman- As long as someone is mentally and physically fit enough to accomplish the training and job, then attitude is everything. If a soldier, marine, sailor, or airman is upbeat and willing to accept a challenge, the sky is the limit. It is a good place for a youngster to test himself or herself and really see just what his/her limits are, while participating in a noble cause. One must also be able to accept orders and criticism from his/her superiors without taking it personally. I chose the Army, probably because that is where my father and uncles served. As it turned out, it was a good fit for me. I was able to go far with a limited education. Other branches wouldn't have given me the opportunity because of their more stringent educational requirements.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I joined the Navy because I wanted to see the world. After twenty years I had been to six of the seven continents. It is cool when the grandson says "I wonder what its like at __?", and I can tell him.

If you are married with a children, and want to stay near them, then the Air Force would probably be best. They have, by far, the best facilities for families.

If you want to personally kick the crap out of our enemies, then the Army or the Marines would be best.

As others have stated, they are all good, you just have to match your desires to what each group provides. Your pay will come on time. You will get time off, vacation or liberty, when it is convenient to military. We are at war, so recreation comes second. One thing to keep in mind, the basic rule of military life is sacrifice. If you willing to put your wants behind the needs of the country, then you will succeed in any of the branches.

Top Bottom