• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Are there any local gun stores that will...

1. Give you a price on a gun they don't have in stock based on what their cost should be (with the caveat that if they pay more, you pay more).
    2. Put your name on a list for a gun.
    3. Actually make an effort to get that gun from their distributor.

Several that I frequently visit say that they "don't do lists" and that I have to just keep checking back. I'm tired of playing that game.

I don't mind if I'm 16th on the list as long as I get the 16th gun that they get. No shenanigans.

Anyone local to Indy like that?

cjfarmer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I dont know what part of the state you're in but most of the shops around my area will. I go to a tiny shop called Sportsman's Depot and Dan, the owner, takes care of me.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Tried Plainfield yet? or Bradis?

Bob's (PSS) prices are 10% over his cost on almost everything he sells. If he can get it, I'm sure he'll be fair. Bradis should be able to get about anything, I'd imagine.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What gun are you looking for? We maintain waiting lists for several hard-to-get models (S&W Shield, Kel-Tec PMR30 and KSG come to mind), but we are not taking deposits on ARs and such, simply because we have no idea what might be available again at what time, or at what price. Additionally, we are not taking back orders on regularly stocked items that have recently become hard to get (Rugers, etc), for the same reason.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Both PSS and BGF said they are not doing a list for the SR1911. Another local guy will, but can't get one.

If Bradis will, I will take my business there.

So... Shooter... price and where am I on the list? ;)

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Obviously they do not know when they are going to get one. That's why you do a list...

I'm not following why you wouldn't do it for the Ruger SR1911?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We can take deposits on the SR1911, but I cannot guess at any kind of delivery timeframe. We do not currently have anyone on the list, so show up and pre-pay in full, and you'll get the next one that comes in the door. We normally run them at $659.95.

Indianavette

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    When I spoke with Bradis on Monday, they did not know when merchandise would come in. It was hard for them to price it.

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    Yes, my LGS will do actually as you ask.
    Called up to see how much a transfer fee would be. Told them the price I would pay, and then added on the fee. They were able to match the price of the gun + the fee. Just put down a deposit. Gun was here in less than a week. Of course this was just before Christmas and I picked it up before New Years.
    Kemps Gun and Western Wear.
    Great folks to deal with.
    They will get my future business.
    We need to stay loyal to keep the LGS in business.
    MrBlue

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    Please realize the value of your LGS. I do and will gladly pay an extra 5% or better to know that they are there for me and that they do care about my satisfaction. In a fix you will be glad that they are there for you. Just my .02

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    Obviously they do not know when they are going to get one. That's why you do a list...

I'm not following why you wouldn't do it for the Ruger SR1911?
    A lot of gun shops dont do list beacause of two factors; the first being that there would be a huge amount of people on the list for the very popular items. That being said, the way the market is right now, it could literally take a year or more by the time it would be your turn on the list. The Ruger 1911, for example is very hard to get. Im sure Bradis and PSS have probably had no more than 10 or so of those the within the last year. Some people have no idea how backed up the industry really is right now. Ruger is well over 1,000,000 guns backordered right now.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'd call before you do this, but ,mystically, last week the Fort Wayne Gander got five SR1911s. They're overpriced but, I sold one marked down to round about $670 on a price match. Ours sat, and may be sitting, for awhile just because guys coming in at this time aren't looking for 1911's.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Are there any local gun stores that will...

1. Give you a price on a gun they don't have in stock based on what their cost should be (with the caveat that if they pay more, you pay more).
    2. Put your name on a list for a gun.
    3. Actually make an effort to get that gun from their distributor.

Several that I frequently visit say that they "don't do lists" and that I have to just keep checking back. I'm tired of playing that game.

I don't mind if I'm 16th on the list as long as I get the 16th gun that they get. No shenanigans.

Anyone local to Indy like that?

Bradis did this for me just last week.

1. Quoted same price last week that I got from them last October when I was asking about it.
    2. Took my name and an actual deposit w/receipt for the gun.
    3. Told me it may take a month or 2 or 3, but at least they seem to be making an effort whereas PSS and a few other places told me no way.

Top Bottom