• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Ok so I know its not a "real" FFL, but I just got a job at Dick's in the CS dept. My manager said that I will have to fill out some paperwork because I will be in charge of writing up all firearm purchases. I'm assuming these are BATFE forums, but I didn't think to ask. Anyone have any insight as to what I will be filling out? I know I can just wait to find out, but I don't work again till next week, and was just curious.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Or, they might be adding you to the licence. If you are going to be filling out the 4473's and calling in the checks then you will "need" to be on the licence... granted this rule is vary rarely followed and i would say a VAST majority of gunshop employees are NOT listed on the FFL.... that would be my guess if its a ATF form.... if not aft then that the poster above me said.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Probably paperwork Gander may require and there is a piece of paper that is supposed to be signed that is on the atf web site, if you are going to do call ins for background checks. Basically says you will only use there system to call in background checks for gun sales and will not use the system or any other information a person provides for any other reason but for checking to see if they are eligible to purchase. In other word you aren't calling in and checking on neighbors, ex girlfriends/boyfriends. We have the guys that work for us, read the form, sign it and file it to cover our butts.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Cool thanks. Like I said I was more curious than anything else. If it is internal paperwork, it sounds like they may be running a background check on me because they said it may take awhile to get it done. I'll post back and let you know what it ends up being.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I purchased a Cricket a Dick's last year and was required to fill out a 4473.

I'll bet you'll be added to their license.

Congrats on the job.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Yea forgot about this thread.

Lafayette Dick's

It was just their internal training system that I had to deal with. Just little sections to read followed by a 5 question quiz about it. Things like straw purchases, filling out the 4473, store policy, etc.

Top Bottom