• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Since I will be starting my old job at the beginning of the year, that leaves me with a little bit of severance $$ I can spend to finish my ar build I started right before the last panic.

I have built the lower already (M&P 15) but have no idea on what I want with the upper. So if you had a budget of $500 +/- $100 for the upper, what would you go for? This is my first ar and will be mainly used at the range.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So, is this for home defense? Are you planning to use this only close range or do you see long range in your future? Do you want sub MOA accuracy? Lots of things to consider before you buy.

More accuracy comes at the expense of a more expensive barrel and BCG even if it's a small/short precision rifle.

I'm a RRA fan, but there are lots of manufacturers that build quality gear.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have only shot past 200 yards once, so long range isn't top priority. Home defense would be most likely aside from just taking it to the range.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    PSA is running a heckova deal today on an upper. Stainless 1/8, Wylde, 15" MI ff upper. $419. I've got too many uppers right now or I'd be all over this one.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    PSA is running a heckova deal today on an upper. Stainless 1/8, Wylde, 15" MI ff upper. $419. I've got too many uppers right now or I'd be all over this one.

Yeah, I was just looking at that upper. I thought I could come over to INGO and get distracted from it but no dice.

If I were putting together an AR right now I would just check Palmetto State Armory daily until they had something on sale I liked the looks and price of.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Light weight BFH
    BCM BFH 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group

Regular BFH
    BCM BFH 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group

Light weight NON-BFH
    BCM 16" Mid Length LIGHT WEIGHT Upper Receiver Group
    Regular NON-BFH
    BCM 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group

Cant go wrong with any of those. You can throw on Magpul fore end to keep cost down, and then decide if you want a quad rail or some other freefloat handguard down the line.

^^^^ this.. You won't be disappointed in any of these.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    I bought a M4 CMV Chrome Lined rifle kit from PSA for 515 shipped a few weeks ago. It is my first ar15 i'm building and everything is nice and it comes with a LPK so all you need is a stripped lower. This build will cost right at about 600 bucks once I'm done with the transfer fee and everything else. Talk about a steal on a good rifle, just takes some elbow grease to put together.

Top Bottom