• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I've got an oppertunity to pick up a Glock 19 9mm with two mags, holster, dual mag holster, and speed loader. But I also have a chance to pick up an XD 9mm. Which is the better 9mm?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    whatever gun YOU like better, shoot better, and feel more comfortable protecting YOUR life with.. :dunno:

sorry I don't wear your shoes.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    It's which ever you like best. They are both good. I'd choose the G19, but that's only because I'm partial to the Glocks.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I already have an XD-.40 but have heard a lot of good things about this model glock. I'm looking for a 9mm and I know I'll like the XD but was curious if the Glock is a better weapon.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I've got an oppertunity to pick up a Glock 19 9mm with two mags, holster, dual mag holster, and speed loader. But I also have a chance to pick up an XD 9mm. Which is the better 9mm?

They both are quality products from quality companies. Go shoot them. Find a range that rents them and try them out. Which ever one feels better for you is the right one.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I went to Family Indoor Shooting range, they have both available for rent. I went with the XDM beacuse I liked the way it felt.

Went out shooting last week with a friend, she brought her glock, it fte 3 times in 30 rounds...

400 rounds through the xdm and not one issue, its dead on outta the box too!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    XDm is clearly the wise choice. :yesway:

However, Glocks are very popular among the blind, so I'm still a bit torn.

:D

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    XDm is clearly the wise choice. :yesway:

However, Glocks are very popular among the blind, so I'm still a bit torn.
    :D
    After attending the Close Contact Shooting course with Steve_MI, I was more confident than ever that the Glock was the better choice (of those two). Much easier to demonstrate on the range than to describe in text. Wasn't looking for a comparison, just noticed a few key peculiarities that might change one's mind in close quarters.

Note: He did not advocate any particular make or model (and there were several on the line), but rather demonstrated - and had the students confirm - strengths and weaknesses of the various designs in that particular application.

And it's because you can do it blind, O Great One. <gong> :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom