• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    If you just want to make somebody more angry, use the Glaser.

If you even want a small chance of stopping the threat, use the ball ammo. And plan on emptying the mag into the eye, throat, pelvic, or spine, depending on your orientation to the threat. Be ready to run away. But then again, miracles happen every day......

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    If you just want to make somebody more angry, use the Glaser.

If you even want a small chance of stopping the threat, use the ball ammo. And plan on emptying the mag into the eye, throat, pelvic, or spine, depending on your orientation to the threat. Be ready to run away. But then again, miracles happen every day......
    Throat & face shot only with the 25 acp, was what I was planning;)

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Some people are too funny. Use the fmj and tell anyone that wants to tell you you're just going to **** someone off that they're welcome to stand in front of your gun.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Some people are too funny. Use the fmj and tell anyone that wants to tell you you're just going to **** someone off that they're welcome to stand in front of your gun.

Quite true. My step great-grandmother was killed with a FMJ 25acp round.

OP, I think I would go with the FMJ.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Big difference between pissing some one off and being in a fight for your life! you can kill someone with a .22 or .25 and they won't know that they are dead for four min. And four min in a fight for your life is an eternity!!

There was a case where a guy walked into the hospital under his own power with a .25 cal bullet in his forehead the hospital removed it and he was released with a band aid!! get something with more stopping power! How much is your life worth!! then spend accordingly on your self defense! :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is hilarious! I love how some members of this board, where personal freedoms are so revered, can't help but tell others what to do. I have read many posts from the OP. I consider him to be quite knowledgeable and his positions are always well-considered. He may very well be stirring the pot a bit with this post. If so, I laugh along with him. Gunman41mag, based upon his posts, is an experienced and knowledgable gun owner. Condescending remarks directed at him as though he were some noob are laughable. Makes me want to buy a .25.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I carry 50g fmj rounds in my 950. After doing the due diligence in reading everything I could find about the ballistics, I think that 9 rounds of .25acp anywhere in someone's body would be enough. I didn't care for the reviews I read on Glaser safety slugs of ALL calibers. Poor penetration and fragmentation being the primary problems. Since I start out with a round that is not a insta-kill, meat pulverizing, oneshotwonder, I figure why not go for as much penetration as I can get.

This is just what I do. You can do as you wish. :yesway:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The .25 ACP in the 50 gr FMJ load will give you all the penetration capability the standard .25 ACP has. And even then, it only has a sectional density of 0.112.

Use the Glaser on rats, birds, snakes, and such.

Funny thing is, the little .25 acp could really benefit from a longer barrel, but it's almost always carried in the little 2.x" barreled guns (and that's about all that's recently been available).

Some info for you:
    BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: .25 Auto Results
    http://www.brassfetcher.com/index_files/25ACP.htm
    .25ACP Blazer 50gr FMJ

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Face shots are not the best plan for a .25. Too much bone covering the critical stuff to reliably incapacitate. More than one instance where someone was shot in the head with a mouse gun, and all it did was **** them off and make them uglier.
    As far as ballistics being inferior to the .22, compare ballistics apples to apples, and the .22 doesnt fare any better. The ballistics commonly looked at for .22 LR are from RIFLE barrels, shot from the same 2.5" barrel, it has a slight velocity edge, but only because the bullets are lighter, muzzle energies are very comparable in similar pistols between the two cartridges.
    IMHO, either the .25 or .22 mouse gun is not to be relied on to stop a threat, but to break contact long enough to escape.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I carried a 25 caliber baby Browning all through high school. I graduated in 1969......I bought it for $25 after I got stabbed on my paper route in North Minneapolis over 5 bucks when I was 14.

I have kept a Taurus PT22 in 22LR close by lots of times. It has its uses and so does the 25 caliber.

Top Bottom