• Which 22 should I buy?

• Total voters

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Which of these 22s would you buy and why? Please express which gun if you select "other." Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have a 10/22 and a P22, and I have no interest in a Charger. I voted that I would buy something else.

Of the poll choices, the P22 is the most fun to shoot.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    My vote would be for the GSG 1911.22 Its a fun weapon to shoot. Plus it lets me practice my fundamentals cheaply. I have had an interest in a the Walther and the charger. Really I dont think you could go wrong with anything on your list. Just depends what you want to do with it. I carry my GSG around the farm for the woodchucks that always pop up when I am not carrying my rifle.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I second the 10/22. It ain't fancy but it gets the job done. Also there are plenty of aftermarket options and spare parts out there.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Price? Rest, are all under $300.

More than that... but depends on where you get it. Some good prices pop up on the standard model occasionally. Midwest has had some really good prices on them in the past, but transfer and shipping or gas kill the savings from Indy.

Generally you are talking $420 or so locally for the standard model, although as stated I've seen Midwest run them for $379 a time or 2.

Shooters has them for $389 + shipping

http://www.shootersjax.com/smith-wesson-mp15-22-811033.aspx

I picked up an MOE for $509 at PSS recently.

Last edited:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I only counted five posts not on my list but have 5 voted other... please let me know the others guys... I want a general consensus.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I voted 10/22 because they're fun and cheap to shoot and there are a zillion accessories in just about any price range. I love mine.

The Charger just isn't for me but I know people love theirs.

My P22 is a blast to shoot as well but wasn't sure of your objectives and what else you may or may to have. If I were to buy a new 22 semi-auto today, I'd also look at the S&W M&P 22. Only draw back of the Walther is the mag release. I'm pretty sure the new M&P uses the same Walther barrel so you can get the adapter for a suppressor just the same as the P22 but the pistol is a little cooler IMHO.

There was a time when I mocked my friend's 22 caliber stuff but now I find I like mine the most. Just a blast to shoot, cheap fun, great to accessorize, and accurate too.

Good luck with your decisions.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Ruger mk III 22/45 - Love this, shoots any ammo and accurate. After 2000 rounds, you will be glad you spent the extra $$$.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I love my P22, and my GSG-5.

Depending on your usage, I would go with one of those two...most likely, the GSG. So Im voting other

Top Bottom