• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    This is a no win question. There is a near endless amount of options to answer this question with. To try and narrow and with the hope for some semblance of an answer please answer the following.

Which frame size
    Budget
    Any preferance to style?

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Springfield Armory is my personal favorite, the Mil Spec for an entry level to customize that is also fine weapon out of the box or the new Range Officer that offers a lot of features that are not usually found on 1911s at the offering price.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like the more classic looks and feel, so I would say a Springfield GI. IF you want better sights and such get a Range Officer or whatever catches your eye. Most 1911's are awesome, just play with some at a shop and find one you like. :yesway:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    This is a no win question. There is a near endless amount of options to answer this question with. To try and narrow and with the hope for some semblance of an answer please answer the following.

Which frame size
    Budget
    Any preferance to style?

Also have you stopped beating your spouse? :D

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Full frame of course.. Budget is around 1500 and I like the SW1911 models. I assume they are good.[/QUOT

If you're willing to spend that much, I'd wait and save a little more and keep an eye out for a good, used Wilson or Les Baer. You'll be set for life and have one of the finest pistols ever made with the customer service to back it up. My :twocents: and best of luck in choosing the finest platform God ever put in a mans hand! :patriot:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    From following 1911 forums for many years and from my own experiences full size (5" barrel) seem to function best and give the best out of the box performance. There are many folks that get a good compact model, but more people have feed and extraction issues with 3" 1911s than any other size.

acelungger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    I am going with John Galt, he said it like it is and if you can take your time you will run acrossed a real Steal on a Wilson! I wished I could remember where I saw a Night Hawk for $1100.00 and if there would of been anyway I could of bought it I would of.:draw:
    I believe it was a $1900.00 gun when new and was sent back to there custom shop for a little more custom goodies and the guy ended up with $2100.00 in it.
    Later
    Greg

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    One with a forged frame, single piece barrel, and machined internals rather than MIM should make for a solid 1911. The low end springfields are pretty good out of the box, it wouldn't cost that much more to load one with Ed Brown parts.

Really depends on what features you consider desirable for the "best", you could have a reliable durable 1911 without spending the money that some would consider "the best". I have nothing against the morbidly expensive 1911's, they are very pretty :D

Top Bottom