• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    I was unable to find the answers I need by searching, so here goes. Is there anywhere in the Indianapolis area that has a public rifle range? I want to practice with my AR 15, but I seem to be having trouble finding a suitable range. Sorry if this has been answered a million times, but I'm stumped.

Thanks

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I recommend Fall Creek Valley Conversation Club. About 1/2 hour up 69 in Markleville but worth the drive. Just got back from there about 15 minutes ago. Good clean facility and tonight there were only 2 other members shooting and they left shortly after I got there. And no, I did not scare them away. Had the place to myself for the rest of the evening except for a nice local couple that came down to test fire a new Colt Mustang. They were there about 10 minutes.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Linden Conservation Club 15 minutes south on 231 from Lafayette about same north of Crawfordsville. Membership is 50 a year for your family and includes fishing and camping.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Linden Conservation Club 15 minutes south on 231 from Lafayette about same north of Crawfordsville. Membership is 50 a year for your family and includes fishing and camping.

Can you confirm what hours they're open to the public (at $5 each, right)? Their roadside sign along 231 says it's something like 10-2 both Saturday and Sunday -- but half the online references say it's Sunday only. And neither of their websites says either way (that I can find).

Now that the only indoor range in Lafayette is closed, I plan to join either Linden or Wildcat. I know Wildcat members who've been wanting to take me as a guest, so I know I'll have a chance to see it -- but I'm hoping to check out LindenCC this weekend, maybe even bringing a few friends and a few range toys....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Be sure to check the stickies at the top of this sub-forum, too. There's a ton of info right along these lines, including a TomTom POI file, Google maps, etc.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can you confirm what hours they're open to the public (at $5 each, right)? Their roadside sign along 231 says it's something like 10-2 both Saturday and Sunday -- but half the online references say it's Sunday only. And neither of their websites says either way (that I can find).

Now that the only indoor range in Lafayette is closed, I plan to join either Linden or Wildcat. I know Wildcat members who've been wanting to take me as a guest, so I know I'll have a chance to see it -- but I'm hoping to check out LindenCC this weekend, maybe even bringing a few friends and a few range toys....

I'm pretty sure it's open to the public BOTH days, I can find out and let you know, or you could call Stan Mitchell at Applied Ballistics Systems Inc. in Lafayette.765-426-4937 Stan is the range safety officer for Wildcat Valley R&P club, and a club officer for Linden

Just an FYI- Sundays are "Full-auto" play-days for a few of Lindens members!:D

Get there before 9:00am and enjoy the show!:ar15:

Top Bottom