• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I'm working on a shotgun project, and need to drill & tap for a new bead. These things are hard as hens teeth to find! Local tool shop (Wholesale Tool) didn't have one on hand, but it'll be here some unknown time in the future.

I've been working on it for the past few days, was hoping to have it all put together this weekend. Since I plan to do more projects of this type, I'm going to order a set. I didn't realize that it wasn't something I wouldn't be able to buy anywhere the same day.

The sight will make it complete. For now, I have a center-punched barrel mocking me. I have the tap on order, but was really hoping to get this completed this weekend.

I'm located in Indianapolis. Does anyone know where to get one, or have one I may rent or borrow?

The helpful person on the phone at GM told me their smith would charge $80.
    That's almost as much as I have invested in the whole gun!

Last edited:

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    + on whoelsale tool .check their web site and call them to see if they have it in stock in INDY. if not they can ship within 2-4 days. Make sure you get american taps or you better know how to remove a broken one.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    6-48 is not your average thread size. You may need to check with industrial suppliers like: Graingers, Fastenall, MSC, Quality Mill Supply, Haggard & Stocking, etc. I agree with another poster, get US made tooling or you'll have an increased risk of breakage (not fun to deal with).

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Wholesale Tool

+1 for Wholesale Tool. Located on Hanna Avenue on Indy's south side. Try calling them and see if they have it. Also agree to try to buy American. It really is better quality than the Chinese stuff.

Top Bottom