• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    There were a couple of deaths by overdose in Bartholomew County the last few days . . . really seems like it's becoming endemic.

But what is the source? It's not like weed, poppy fields are bit harder to hide . . .

Is it coming in overseas from Afghanistan, or what? Just seems crazy that it has popped up in such perceived volume so quickly.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When they were talking about the epidemic of heroin deaths in New Hampshire, they said it was coming from the El Chapo cartel in Mexico.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    4c6L.jpg

https://www.deamuseum.org/ccp/opium/production-distribution.html

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    When they were talking about the epidemic of heroin deaths in New Hampshire, they said it was coming from the El Chapo cartel in Mexico.

Yep. Indiana is still the crossroads of America and the interstates have all kinds of freight traveling thru here from every port...some stops here.

30 years ago the drug supply in my area became dominated/controlled by Mexico, mainly weed, Coke, and meth. There had always been a large Hispanic population due to many migrant workers - many that stayed. Then the population exploded due to a combination of manufacturing jobs, local policies, etc. ( couple school districts have over 50% Hispanic students ). The gangs and associated drug trade came also. About 20 years ago a police officer friend told me about transport routes, stash houses, traffickers,and other stuff that was right under my nose. Opened my eyes. Today due to the RX pain killer epidemic, high street prices for them, and cheap heroin the demand for heroin has exploded...ands like any good business the cartels/gangs furnish supply for that demand.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My mom used to have poppies down the entire side of her house when I was a kid.... as far as I knew they were just flowers.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Chicago. Man alive does Tippecanoe County ever get the horse from Chicago!

You have got to quit watching 70's cop dramas..."Horse"???? LOL....:)

One of my favorite lines from Mystery Science Theater 3000 was a Japanese Planet of the Apes movie they were goofing on...There was a scene where a Doctor was putting a syringe in a chimp's arm and Joel said "Now here's a little horse for a little monkey"....Then one of the bots said, "So now the monkey has a monkey on his back? I am confused.."

Cracked me up...Still does...When we would take the dog to the vet for shots I would pull that line..."Now here's a little horse for my little puppy"...The vet would say "What?" and I would just grin and say, "It's line from a show I used to watch..."

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You have got to quit watching 70's cop dramas..."Horse"???? LOL....:)

One of my favorite lines from Mystery Science Theater 3000 was a Japanese Planet of the Apes movie they were goofing on...There was a scene where a Doctor was putting a syringe in a chimp's arm and Joel said "Now here's a little horse for a little monkey"....Then one of the bots said, "So now the monkey has a monkey on his back? I am confused.."

Cracked me up...Still does...When we would take the dog to the vet for shots I would pull that line..."Now here's a little horse for my little puppy"...The vet would say "What?" and I would just grin and say, "It's line from a show I used to watch..."

One of the best shows ever. MST3K baby.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My GF and I were just discussing this yesterday since it's our backyard basically. It seems that some dealer around here got a BIG shipment in.

Why can't people just pull it together and work a real job like the rest of us. Instead they look to substance abuse to make them "happy". Get a grip people.

Top Bottom