• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Avi8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Deep South
    Saw a thread on the Oshkosh airshow and wanted to see how many pilots we have here. If so give your current certificate, hours, and favorite aircraft you typically fly.

Mine: Commercial single-land, Instrument
    300 Hrs.
    Aircraft: C-172, Piper Cub, Maule MX-7

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Private Pilot, Single Engine Land
    170 hrs
    I have the most time in Skyhawks, but my favorite is the Tiger. The Arrow and the Skylane are other favorites, but the first time I flew a Tiger, I was in instant love :)

Avi8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Deep South
    Love the Arrow and the Skylane. Never flown a Tiger, not as common and don't know many that own one. But the few that do, love em

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Private license,
    520hrs
    Cherokee 140, 172RG, Tiger

I flew the Tiger down a Vincennes during school, really fun little plane. I had passed the written's and the oral's for both Comm and Instr, I just never took the check ride before I came home from school early (long story about that). I was half way thru my flight instructors classes too. Now it's just a hobby instead of a career, actually I think I prefer it that way.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Private Pilot, single engine land. 300 and some plus hours. I've had a Cessna 150, 172, Beech Muskteer A-23, KR-2 homebuilt and flown Piper PA-28, Cherokee 180, Warrior 140, 161, 181, PA-38 Tomahawk, Maule M5-235 and others and as my screen name says, I'm also a flightsimmer, Microsoft and now X-Plane, much cheaper and still fun.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm a rookie... Almost 100 hours. PP-ASEL all in a C172 so far. Wish I had the money to fly weekly or bi-weekly instead of once a month or worse...

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    150 hrs.Taildragger only Champ,J-3,J-4,PA-11,PA12,T-Craft,Decathalon,Stinson,
    Harvard,Stearman,Lots of undocumented time.
    even few hours in a Robinson R44.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will, once we are making enough money to go flying again :(

I know the feeling.

Private Pilot, Single Engine Land
    Couple hundred hours.

I used to own a Cessna 150 out at the Speedway Airport when it still existed. I rebuilt the engine in it (A&P) and just the parts cost 3K then and I did not need to replace any big ticket items. Started taking lessons in my early years in borrowed Taylorcrafts and Aeronca's from an old, old guy, finished getting my license years later in the 150. Sold it and regret it.

I used to live in Rockford, IL when the the airshow was there. The warbirds section might have had about 5 planes back then. I remember the homebuilts flying over my house during the run up to the show. I would walk up to the snow fence they would put around the show and they usually would just let me in without paying. Idiotic Rockford let it get away to Oshkosh. Now it is a huge deal and much different. My uncle would get the EAA magazine and I would get them second hand. I have a few sets of plans for aircraft and some day, maybe...

I think my daughter was conceived in Oshkosh.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    CFI and -I (hence the name). Around 1500 hours. Flew the Tigers down at Vincennes as both a student and an instructor. Great airplanes! I've found a niche in flight instructing that makes it almost viable :D I also flew skydivers up at Skydive Ft. Wayne over 5 seasons. Now I mostly instruct in Cessna 172s.

I used to be big into flight sims too, but now not so much since my 2 year old daughter came along. I wrote for Computer Pilot magazine for about a year on mostly on my home F-16 cockpit stuff. Now it's in the garage collecting dust :D

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    Private Pilot, Airplane Single-Engine Land here. About 130 hours, all in 172's and a 182. I've not been flying in close to three years due to the economy. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in the air some day... I should probably consider selling my club share.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm not even close to current. Probably logged 100 hours. All tail dragger when I was PIC. Flown some Mooney, RV6 and a few others when I wasn't PIC. Learned in a Aeronica Champ that you had to spin the prop to start. Solo'ed at 16, got license a little after I turned 17.

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    Private, single engine land, little over 100 hrs, PIC in Cessna 152, 172, PA-28-161, Arrow, Aeronica Champ. I worked at three different FBO's in Florida, one somewhat infamous which was a uncontrolled field and much more personable level, Great time, Some hands on with Annuals and 100 hr inspections, My instructor was a lady from Anderson, I knew many owners that offered rides or hands on experience in several models or interesting aircraft like the Globe Swift or a aerobatic ride in a Decathalon. Who owns the Christen EagleI see fllying from time to time?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not even close to current. Probably logged 100 hours.

:+1: I haven't flown in probably ten years. Hmm...my daughter's about 11, I wonder if there's a connection there...

Best time in the cockpit: Learning air combat in a pair of SIAI Marchetti SF260's. I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of post-flight vomit.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Looks Like a lot of us are in the same boat.
    I got my ticket flying out of a crop dusting field in Wakarusa.
    Have not flown much in 5 or 6 years (my daughter is 8)
    I got my manditory plasyic license a few months ago back.
    Oddly I am scheduled for my medical next Tuesday.
    Then I'm hoping to get down to Indy before fall and get some recurrecny training in a Stearman and also get my hi performance endorsement (Funny Eh?) and actually log the time I'm flying my buddies Stearman.
    If I get enough hours I can get on his Insurance and get even more time.
    It all sounds good and I'm going to try.

We all have a lot of time invested in this hobby ( I know money too) but it's a shame to love something so much and just let it go.
    Some day I won't be able to do it anymore. I'd rather say I did than wish I did

Oh yeah
    Best memory in the cockpit
    Climbing after takeoff from Rochester after breakfast in a Decathalon and right in front of me about 3000 feet up and 3000 feet out
    (2) A-10's playng cat N mouse in front of me like 2 puppy dogs rolling over each other ( you know they were having fun)

The other fun memory
    Flying into Fort Wayne in a Champ being brought in by the tower with another aircraft in the pattern (a 737)
    Tower to 737...... you will be following a Champ

Anyone see the movie Second Hand Lion?

Last edited:

Avi8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Deep South
    The other fun memory
    Flying into Fort Wayne in a Champ being brought in by the tower with another aircraft in the pattern (a 737)
    Tower to 737...... you will be following a Champ

Anyone see the movie Second Hand Lion?

I love going into Indy Intl. or Ft. Wayne for touch-n-goes in a C150 lol

Great movie too!

kybares

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    ATP, in excess of 10,000 hours. Current in Boeing 767/757 for now. Favorite airplane has to be whatever I am strapped into.

Top Bottom